Thread: Pregabalin 150mg

Pregabalin 150mg

Hi all

I've just been offered Pregabalin at 50mg 3x day for anxiety (I already take Citalopram 40mg) as I'm going through Dark Times. I was wondering if anyone else has had experiences with this medication, and how you found it? The list of side effects is pretty intimidating and I feel blue about 'having' to take another thing, but at the same time the anxiety is literally eating me alive....

Hope everyone is having a nice calm day!

Beatroon x

Re: Pregabalin 150mg

Hi Beatroon,

I really would suggest you move this thread to the Pregabalin board because there is a good crowd of regular people who know quite a lot about using this med at varying dosages such as hanshan, SmilingAlbert, etc. They always offer good advice about how to use this med and what ranges are best & why. I expect they will be able to answer your questions on this one.

I know some of them have a good understanding of combining Preg with other meds.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Hello Beatroon,

Sorry to hear about your dark times.

Pregabalin can be very effective for anxiety.

Yes the leaflet can seem very scary and intimidating, but in most cases you will get few if any side effects, and probably only initially as your body gets used to it. For most people, the most noticeable SE will be that you will feel a bit 'woozy' at first. But this is actually a welcome effect for many if they have been distressed. It can be very useful to help sleep as well.

It is very well tolerated for the majority of people who take it, judging from the reviews on drugs.com and on this board.

I am not familiar with Citalopram, but I know that Preg, in combination with an AD, can be very effective to introduce calm to one's life.

Good luck with it and come back here to discuss it more. But please don't fixate on possible side-effects and whether or not it's working; it can take a few days to take effect. In the meantime, keep yourself busy if you can, and get some exercise too, as this will all help.

Albert

Thanks for moving the post to the right bit of the boards! And thanks, Albert, for your encouraging reply. I do feel quite woozy, after one tablet, which could just be my imagination - but on the plus side, it will probably help me sleep (something that's been in short supply recently!). Am in work, and going off to get some last minute Christmas gifts in a mo - so keeping busy is definitely the way to go.

I really appreciate the support, and hope you are having a good day.

Beatroon

Thread Information