Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adding Venlafaxine to Mirtazapine

Re: Adding Venlafaxine to Mirtazapine

I've been off work for nearly 3 weeks now, just want to get back to being me. Be good to yourself.

I will

Oh this is interesting - I've come to the realisation that my 18 years on Paroxetine (although great for 10 years) has made me become totally apathetic so I'm waiting to see the MH assessment team to see if I can have Ven. I take it it's good for anxiety..I've read a few good things and wondering if I should push for it?

Hi, It's been brilliant for my anxiety. I was put on it 14 years ago as they suspected my serotonin was low and causing all sorts of symptoms they couldn't pin down and been on it ever since! Through a process of elimination they've concluded that I naturally produce almost no serotonin on my own. Definitely worth pursuing 😊

Brill - thanks Nannybex - it's an SNRI rather than an SSRI isn't it? I'm hoping it would be a bit more "activating" than a straight SSRI because my apathy is really hard to fight off x

Yes I think it is. I'm finding the combination of both drugs works really well. Although I'm dreading calling into work tomorrow to tell them I'm signed off for another week. I was so convinced I'd only need 1 week to adjust to the higher dose.

Aww Nanny - it's so frustrating isn't it! I'd give yourself a few weeks - it's tricky xxSo is the mirt for depression? I don't really suffer with depression x

Thanks. I'm trying not to be too tough on myself. Always find it hard to put myself first - so much easier to put everyone else first. I suffer from anxiety and depression so need the combination as the venlafaxine on it's own just wasn't enough any more.

Ah I see...yes, I think most of us anxiety sufferers feel the same. I hate being ill (in any way!) and am very impatient with myself. Thanks for your replies

Hi all...I'm glad this thread has been helpful. Just wanted to add that while Venlafaxine is an SNRI, if you take 150mg or less it is only an SSRI as you have to take the higher doses for the 'N' to kick in.

Also to say that adding Ven to Mirt worked really well for me. I'm currently on 150mg Ven and 30mg Mirt and been feeling pretty much "normal" for the last month or so.

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

Nanny I'm sorry to hear you're going through it with the Mirt increase. I hope things settle for you soon. And Heaven_Scent I can't believe you're being left to wait it out...that's really tough. I ended up seeing a Psychiatrist very quickly through the crisis team so I guess if it gets too much that might be an option for you. It is a bit luck of the draw depending on where you live though. I've received very good support in Leicester but it seems I'm in the minority with that.

I'm so upset. I've been waiting for a call from my Dr all day. I literally run out to grab some milk as I've been in all day and he phones! It's been such a rough week with the change to my meds that I was desperate to speak to him. I'm so angry with myself for going out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information