Thread: Linessa Birth Control and Blood Clots

Linessa Birth Control and Blood Clots

I was on these pills several years ago and stopped because I found out my biological father died from blood clots that traveled to his lungs. My doctor suggested I go back onto them and I am having major anxiety about developing blood clots. I just took 1 pill today and now my calf hurts. Now I'm freaking out. I'm going on a trip on the 27th, my first plane ride and am freaking out about blood clots...please help.

Re: Linessa Birth Control and Blood Clots

Hi, the doctor wouldn't suggest you take them unless they thought it was safe. If you are really worried about it then go back to your doctors to speak about the alternatives or just to discuss your concerns.

On another note, my friend had taken these ones for 15 years with no problems whatsoever.

Re: Linessa Birth Control and Blood Clots

Thanks I know...and I should trust my doctor. I was on them before. I was on a different brand before I had my daughter, and then was on these after and I had no issues. It wasn't until I found out about my father and panicked. He had the clots go to his lungs twice. First time having him in a coma for 6 months and then another one killing him. My doctor checked my blood pressure before prescribing me them but my blood pressure is always crazy..I also think due to my anxiety. I have had blood work done before (not for genetic disorders) and they are all fine. I know I shouldn't worry and this random leg pain after taking one pill is probably just my anxiety as well.

Thread Information