Thread: Worst morning - all because I was dehydrated. Keep drinking water everyone

Worst morning - all because I was dehydrated. Keep drinking water everyone

Merry Christmas all.

Just had one of the most rotten mornings for many a year. Ended up in A & E at 7am. Felt weak and trembled and kept coming all over hot and sweaty with anxiety.

They found nothing wrong, however I remembered many years ago when I felt similar and I asked my friend for a glass of water (as my mouth was dry) and lo and behold 30 mins later I felt so much better.

This morning I have kept drinking and I feel so much better. I have been ill with Bronchitis so that's not helped.

Even mild dehydration in anxious people can make this a whole lot worse than it would for people without our problems.

I am reminding people of this cos it's likely some of you will be having some alcohol and that can dehydrate you. Also caffeine can make you dehydrated, and it's too late once you feel thirsty.

My blood is a bit thicker than normal so I now realise I need to drink more.

Not going to have that horrible feeling come over me again. All calm again now.

KEEP DRINKING JUST PLAIN WATER FROM THE TAP, it really is wonderful stuff.

http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/ca...er-dehydration
    Last edited by shakey1961; 25-12-15 at 11:23.

Re: Worst morning - all because I was dehydrated. Keep drinking water everyone

I completely agree Shakey. It's so easy to become dehydrated and not realise. As I very rarely feel thirsty, I have to remind myself to drink or I start to feel, ahem, shaky and generally anxious.

You can now relax and enjoy the rest of Christmas Day.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Very good advice, Shakey. Not the best way to start Christmas for you but things can only get better! I'm sorry you had this experience.

Thanks for your comments, I'm still feeling better.

Thread Information