Thread: Late period? Opinion?

Late period? Opinion?

Hello, I am a 16 year old girl, and a 16 year old virgin at that. I have never even kissed a boy let alone...

Anyway my period is now 3 weeks late, and this whole year it has only been up to a week late each month, which is normal for me. But this month it decides to disappear. But I have some theories which are probably more rational to explain its absence than my theory that I have a pituitary tumour or something much more sinister. I am thinking that the reason it is late could be because about a week before it was due I became very stressed. It all started when I was thrown a surprise 16th birthday, so that was a huge event for me and after that I went through an extremely stressful few days when my friend and I were not speaking and a bunch of other things happened and I literally have never felt that stressed in my life I don't think. And then to top everything off I was going on a trip to a concert that almost got cancelled (stressor) but I ended up going in the end (causing extreme excitement). So I don't really know, I guess that could explain the lateness. I also started a job recently which keeps me very busy and is a drastic change in my life, so it could be that too maybe, or I'm just a pregnant virgin? Oh and also another reason, I'm having 2 wisdom teeth removed next week, MAJOR ANXIETY caused by that too. So I'm not sure if those reasons could explain everything but I just needed some help on it. Also I'm being silly and stressing that I'm somehow pregnant when I've never even touched a boy (my OCD is coming through I think). UGHHH! Anyway hopefully someone can help, I would appreciate it, thank you!

Re: Late period? Opinion?

Have you been stressed lately? Stress can cause it to be delayed.

Any spotting? Some girls have heavy spotting mid month and it can replace/delay the period.

Any weight loss or intense physical activity?
    I wouldn't worry too much but if it's more than 2 or 3 you miss then go and see the dr.

Quote Originally Posted by Urusainaa View Post
    Have you been stressed lately? Stress can cause it to be delayed.

Any spotting? Some girls have heavy spotting mid month and it can replace/delay the period.

Any weight loss or intense physical activity?
    I wouldn't worry too much but if it's more than 2 or 3 you miss then go and see the dr.
    Yes I have been stressed and went through an extremely stressful time right when it was due and I believe I have also lost some weight.

i'd say its thanks to stress thats a likely answer, i am officially late for about 2 weeks now, and thats unusual for me but i'm thinking its down to stress as it is for you, its really scary even if your virgin lol but you'll be fine x

Hey,

I would wait until your next period is due (a weeks time?) and if that has not arrived then go see the doc. Try not to worry too much - you have age on your side x

Thread Information