Thread: Smoke Inhalation

Smoke Inhalation

My partner has just set alight our mini oven and there was quite a bit smoke from it, the inside was flaming and when we opened it up the whole kitchen was covered in a grayish coloured smoke. I am panicking beyond belief now thinking we'll die from smoke Inhalation. The oven is now outside and the smoke has virtually cleared from the house as we've had the back and front doors open but I'm so scared some damage has already been done. I'm scared to go to sleep. Would the effects be immediate? Would you have to inhale quite a bit?

Re: Smoke Inhalation

It takes quite a bit of smoke to kill a person

Are you coughing your lungs out, KeeKee? Like when a fireman drags someone out of a burning building? If not, I'm sure you will be fine.

If you are breathing difficulties, contact the NHS for advice or visit A&E.

You would know if smoke inhalation were an issue, it would have affected you then and it wouldn't have just gone. I also doubt you would be posting on here as you would be ill enough to be heading to a hospital.

Thanks for the replies well I'm still alive so it was obviously harmless. No I wasn't coughing at all from it and it was taken outside within minutes so I guess I just had my anxious head on due to worrying about Melanoma for the past 3 weeks.

Thread Information