Thread: Ovarian Cysts

Ovarian Cysts

Hello all,

I've posted on here before about my ovarian cyst worries. My OBGYN had diagnosed me with PCOS based off an ultrasound. That since has changed because my periods are normal and I have normal hormone levels. The only symptom that is really bothering me is the pain. I have severe pain on the left side of my pelvis and mostly in my lower back. The pain is always there, but varies in intensity. It's mostly on the left side and it has been going for about a year and half now. I've really been trying to control my anxiety, but it's getting the best of me. I'm so concerned I have a tumor somewhere inside my abdomen or pelvis that is causing my pain. Many doctors also say that PCOS should not cause pain, yet I always have pain.

Can any other women tell me about their experiences with having ovarian cysts?

Do you experience back pain? Is your pain constant?

Thank you so much.

Re: Ovarian Cysts

I also have PCOS and deal with pain, mainly on my right side. Sometimes it's just general pain, but if a cyst ruptures, it can be pretty excruciating. I also have lower back and leg pain as well before my period. I am on the pill, and have been since I was 16- but will most likely be coming off soon to try for children. I am terrified of what will go on in my body! My hormones are all over the place right now as it is! But anyway, yes pain is normal..for me, anyway!

Re: Ovarian Cysts

Thank you for your reply!

The thing I am most worried about is the back pain. I have had it every day for nearly a year and a half. I'm so worried I have a tumor growing inside of me somewhere. :(

Thread Information