Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animated Avatars

Animated Avatars

Animated Avatars:

Animated Avatars are causing a bit of a concern. Some people are finding them distracting, and in fairness it is a valid point.

There could be a rule imposed to disallow all animations, which would solve the problem, but I think it is still possible to have them, provided they are subtle. Nic has kindly allowed me to offer this solution for a trial period. If it works, then all well and good, but if not, we will have to stop all animated Avatars, and goto Static ones (non moving).

Nic allows or rejects choices of Avatar at present, and until now, noone realised how distracting they were. The proposal is, that if the animation doesnt distract from the main theme of the site, i.e. are similar colours, OR the animation is discreet, then it will be permitted. If the animation is very different from the colour scheme AND the animation is 'in your face' it will be rejected.

Some of the animated avatars currently in use are too distracting, and will be removed. If this is the case with your avatar, please dont be too disheartened. Go find another (or contact our avatar finder (Sax)) and a new one will be added to the list.
    At present, I am working on changing the 'distracting' animated ones to static. (and yes, mine too will be changing )

I'm hoping we can find a happy medium, so this particular feature of the new site can be used to its potential.

Many thanks for reading.

Ross
    Last edited by Ross; 21-02-07 at 22:59.

Re: Animated Avatars

Cheers for this Ross

I think we needed to see how it looked before we decided on which ones we could have and I agree that some are distracting.

At the end of the day it is only a picture that represents your personality so it doesn't need to be animated.

Thanks for taking time to change all the existing ones too - I know it takes time.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'll be ok if piglet stops eating - it's enough sometimes just to have pringles near me!!

Piglet xx

piglet is fine piglet - he eats slowly unlike you !!!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

LOL Nic...

I not sent mine yet but it dont move lol...hope it will b okies...tc x

I find them cheery actually but everyone is dif eh?

'What you do today, is gettin' you closer to where ye wanna be tomora'

Lin

Yours is fine as it is.

I resized a load last night and cut down on some of the animated ones and Ross slowed some of the animated ones down.

Hopefully it it easier on the eyes now.

Hi there
    How do I get a picture (Avatar) to put with my name please as I would like a stationary picture when I post by my name?? Wenjoy x

Go to c.p. user at top left hand sideof screen, click onto avatar and choose a picci, i had trouble but it worked in the end.

I noticed there's an option to turn off displaying of avatars in the options in the user cp. Might be of help to people who have issues with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information