Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 3 on sert.how to keep going ?

Unhappy Day 3 on sert.how to keep going ?

Hi all
    Was on citalopram years ago but over last 6 months my anxiety/ depression was coming back so asked G.P for Sertraline as I had awful startup symptoms on cit.
    Went for it and took my first dose on Xmas day ! My husband off work for a week so knew wouldn't be alone. Felt a bit sick and really sleepy for first 2 days but it must have be trying to get into my system now as woke early this morning sweating and feeling really sick. Went to the bathroom and had to go lie on the floor as was so dizzy. All thoughts were racing thru my head and was thinking "can't do this " I know once the drug kicks in it will be worth it but how did other people cope ? Thank god I'm not working at the moment. Any support would be greatly appreciated . This site has really helped me in the past I'm so glad it's here even just typing this out helps. T
    Thanks for reading.

Re: Day 3 on sert.how to keep going ?

Hey! What dose are you on? I was rough at the begining too and nearly quit a few times! Glad I didnt tho. The only way to cope is to keep busy and try and get out the house as much as you can! Its a rough ride but u can come out the other side, good luck.

Nick

Hi thanks for taking time to reply. Am on 50 mg .Have just taken my next dose. Am trying not to think about feeling sick so keeping busy.I suppose it scared me a bit feeling so ill this morning and don't want to worry my kids so keeping it to myself. That's why this site is a godsend cos I know there are others like yourself who understand. Thanks. Happy New year !

Hello,
    I'm currently on sertraline 100 mg, at that dose for a month. The first 2 weeks I was feeling a lot of mood disturbance (up and down) and anxiety was quite strong. Now I still have side-effects (heavy heartbeat, sweat, etc) but more tolerable, and my mood is more stable, albeit not brilliant. As you'll hear from many people: the first 2 weeks are harder to bear, but after a month you should start to feel a bit better (I did, just a bit!). If not, or if the side-effects are too strong, talk to your doc.
    Exercice and any activity/hobby/occupatin helps a lot.

Hi Thanks for reply. I know I've. Got to stick it out for the greater good ! It's great having comments that are encouraging from members like yourself. No one can understand what the side effects feel like unless they've been thru it

Hi, I'm,on day 4 of sertraline 50 mg. had a terrible night/day with anxiety ended up in a&e. Felt fine up to day 4 when do side effects start to die down

Hi Thanks for reply. I know I've. Got to stick it out for the greater good ! It's great having comments that are encouraging from members like yourself. No one can understand what the side effects feel like unless they've been thru it

I know especially when your anxious to start with feels like 100 times worse. It's about time for my tablet and I'm putting it off, I know I need to keep going though just so hard

Sorry cookbook posted a reply twice ! You are a day ahead of me on this journey. I had the same start up symptoms when I started citalopram years ago and one of the reasons I asked GP for sertraline was that the side effects were not supposed to be as bad- I don't feel they are but only just. For most people I think the first 1-2 weeks are the worse but it does get better and I have to keep telling myself that. One of my worst anxiety symptoms was waking with intrusive thoughts and mind chatter then I would dry wretch . It was truly awful so for me I need to stick this out to get better. Stick in there with me and let me know how you get on. We can do it .

Thanks for the support, mines health anxiety so to wake thinking you have palpitations and weak limbs doesn't help matters. Head down and focus I can get through this!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information