Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 3 on sert.how to keep going ?

Re: Day 3 on sert.how to keep going ?

Much better night slept through woke to a slight palpitation but it vanished pretty quickly

Stick with it. It is hard, I know, but I tried cit, mirt and fluoxatine.I've been on sert for about 4 years, started on 100mg, then 75mg and now on 50mg. When do you take it? I take mine at night, before bed, but I know some people take it in the morning.

Distraction is good or just try to push through.

Hi glad it was better for you cookbook.same for me a smidge better than yesterday still feel sick at times and had to go back to bed this morning but sounds like we're making progress.
    Jimsmrs- hi I take my dose mid morning which makes me sleepy in afternoon but not working at mo so that's o.k.
    I'm just taking the pill now with a "sod it" attitude then doing loads of housework to ignore symptoms. Phew - tiny steps eh

I take mine about in the evening, due shortly feeling abit fluttery in my chest, but not too strong. Finding the other comments really helpful, quite encouraging thank you.

I stared on 25mg for a week then went up to 50mg where I've been for nearly a year.
    First 6 weeks were bad but I'm glad I stuck with it.
    Dr wanted me to increase but 50mg suits me fine.
    Some Drs seem to be too quick to increase.
    Hang in there - its worth it.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Day 5- bad wake up symptoms today. Lots of mind chatter then dry retching Feel agitated. All start up symptoms I know .hopefully tomorrow will be better. On the up side my mood was starting to lift a bit yesterday. It's like walking thru mud !

I'm day 6, take my 7th tonight, woke in the night, but quickly went back to sleep. I'm not feeling sick, have a decreased appetite but still eating. I feel like I've got increased anxiety but trying to tell myself it's the tablets. Most of the chat rooms I've been on people seem to say 2 weeks to settle so I'm hoping I'm half way through.

Day 6 - woke up feeling sick and sweating . I wake up early now as lying in bed makes it worse. This has been one of the longest weeks of my life !
    Sounds like your making progress cookbook. Keep going. I just keep thinking it can't get any worse than how I was feeling before decided to take meds

My day 6 was hard had to really keep myself busy, every time I sat down my heart seemed to be racing. I do feel I have more energy than before, I am starting to think about when my husband goes back to work next week and I'm on my own.

Hi - yes I'm thinking the same about next week ! The reason I started my meds at Xmas was because my hubby was off and I had no school run. That's why I'm hoping I feel better soon- or by Monday anyway.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information