Thread: Bleeding in-between periods...please help :( :(

Unhappy Bleeding in-between periods...please help :( :(

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all very well...or as well as can be!

I'm really hoping someone can give me some words of encouragement, sanity or perspective, as I'm driving myself absolutely crazy.

I've had a few spots of blood over the last couple of days which I think is vaginal. I have irregular periods, but this is roughly mid-cycle for me.

This is the second time this has happened. It first happened during my last cycle, a couple of months back. My GP did a couple of internals - she said everything look really healthy, and she did my smear while she was there. That came back clear.

At the time, I also had terrible stomach cramps - I was absolutely terrified it was something sinister. I had pretty extensive blood tests done - everything was clear, except for my thyroid, which was flagged as borderline (it has been for some time).

I was also sent for an ultrasound on my stomach - it all came back clear.

I also had a water infection at that time, and it was all just put down to that I think.

I thought whatever it was had passed - but since seeing a tiny bit of blood a couple of days ago (and again today) I'm terrified. It's red blood like period blood - not much of it, but still.

My mum keeps telling me that it's nothing to worry about - there's obviously something causing it, like hormonal or thyroid. I'm going to see my GP on Tuesday anyway.

Please can someone give me some perspective...am I worrying excessively???

THANK YOU so much in advance.

C xo

Re: Bleeding in-between periods...please help :( :(

You have had a lot of tests that came back clear so try to trust that. If you have irregular periods, it makes sense. A lot of people have spotting. It sounds like your cycles are quite long if your last one was several months ago? So I wouldn't be surprised if you had some mid-cycle spotting.

Hey there,
    I was in the same position as you back in the summer when I had some bleeding after sex and it freaked me out. Same as you I had clear scans and clear smear test. Then the dr did an internal exam and found cervical erosion and said this was the cause of the bleeding.

I worried like hell and i'm still worried even now i saw the consultant and had heat treatment BUT she did say that this is a common and completely benign cause of bleeding in between periods especially if you have been on the pill for a long time.

Have you had any hormone level tests?

"Our greatest success is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall"

Thank you so much guys!

My cycles are definitely not regular - I have/had PCOS, and I have a period every couple of months. When I was having my scans during pregnancy four years ago, they told me the cysts had disappeared - and after having my daughter in 2011, my periods did become more 'regularly irregular'.

I've just never had spotting like this before. Apart from when it happened mid-cycle last time round.

I really appreciate your responses. I'm driving my family insane with my worry, and I feel like I'm going crazy with anxiety about the worst case scenarios :(

C xo

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CoraB View Post
    Have you had any hormone level tests?
    Oh and Cora...not recently! Not since I had my daughter, and she's now 4. As I say though - I used to have PCOS, and I'm sure it hasn't gone away altogether. Not sure if this is a sign of PCOS? x

Quote Originally Posted by carabijoux View Post
    I'm driving my family insane with my worry, and I feel like I'm going crazy with anxiety about the worst case scenarios :( .....I used to have PCOS, and I'm sure it hasn't gone away altogether. Not sure if this is a sign of PCOS? x
    Hi again,

How strange your story is a bit like mine! I was diagnosed with PCOS as a teenager and during a recent scan they told me it has "cleared up" which confused me as I was sure I was still getting symptoms, I kept going to the drs and eventually got referred and they discovered endometriosis - since my surgery periods are like clockwork!

PCOS does mess with your hormones and as your periods are irregular it does seem to indicate hormone imbalance - which in turn can cause the spotting.

I know how you feel I drive my husband mad with it and my friends are fed up of me going on about it. I feel so stupid how many symptoms and things I've had which have caused meltdowns and yet they have turned out to be mild things.

Get yourself booked in for an internal and pelvic exam and go from there?

"Our greatest success is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall"

Thread Information