Thread: Pet rats

Pet rats

Hiya!
    I have two pet rats and I adore them - they are fantastic animals. Like mini caged dogs! Hahaha

Anyone else own rats?

Re: Pet rats

Not now. Have had contact with them though. They are so cute. Had many a laugh with them in the past
    Last edited by Magic; 30-12-15 at 15:07.

I've often seen them in Pets At Home and thought they were cute. Funny sticky out pink bums though

The Degu's look really good too. Very energetic little things. The Chinchillas seem to want to escape public view more as they don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I've often seen them in Pets At Home and thought they were cute. Funny sticky out pink bums though

The Degu's look really good too. Very energetic little things. The Chinchillas seem to want to escape public view more as they don't like it.

Just the male ones, Terry! The ladies have a neat little rear end of course! You should have a look at male Chinese hamsters as they announce their maleness with pride!

I used to have female rats and they were great fun! They make superb pets and really interact. The worst thing was watching the very obvious grieving process one rat went through when her sister died-they are very intelligent creatures and much maligned.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Just the male ones, Terry! The ladies have a neat little rear end of course! You should have a look at male Chinese hamsters as they announce their maleness with pride!

I used to have female rats and they were great fun! They make superb pets and really interact. The worst thing was watching the very obvious grieving process one rat went through when her sister died-they are very intelligent creatures and much maligned.

My god if that's a volume thing the poor females had better be good swimmers!

I didn't know that about the rats. So, it wasn't a bum at all!

Although I did have to laugh ones because in Pets At Home they were showing a group of kids around. Some sort of after school club I guess. After they left I went over and saw 2 of the Siberian hamsters doing something that definitely wasn't fighting Some lucky person was in for a couple of free hamsters soon. They must have forget to keep an eye on how they were maturing to separate them. They are very cute!

Thread Information