Thread: Does the contraceptive implant cause ROCD symptoms?

Does the contraceptive implant cause ROCD symptoms?

Hi, I've had the nexplanon implant since the 19th of August this year and I have also had ROCD symptoms since then too. I've been having thoughts such as "have you ever been happy with him, do you actually love him, did you ever love him, why don't you just end it, there's no reason to stay with him" and they've really started to consume my everyday thinking and have been making my anxiety and my depression even worse. I did used to be extremely happy and I am sometimes with my boyfriend but there's just this horrible feeling in the back of my mind, always. It hasn't left and I am hoping the hormones in the implant is causing this and that I can simply have it removed and things will return to normal (or better than normal) and I can feel myself again with these thoughts, doubts and vague feelings. It really is horrible.

I should mention that in September time that my boyfriend did break up with me because I was unhappy and I did at that time put it down to the implant and actually did go to the doctors to get it removed, however they then also put me on the pill because they simply thought it would fix my mood. Then a month or less later me and my boyfriend got back together and I had no doubts and everything was fine and then suddenly one day it all returned.

Re: Does the contraceptive implant cause ROCD symptoms?

Hi I have no idea about the impalant but I do have it and I have ROCD aswell so who knows. There's some good articles online that might help with your understanding of ROCD though... This one is about sexuality and relationships as they are really similar, but it has helped my undersanding. Hope your ok.

http://www.ocdonline.com/#!i-think-it-moved/c1n7y

Thread Information