Thread: Anyone else's caused by cannabis?

Anyone else's caused by cannabis?

Ive been doing some reading on this since ive finally found its what i think ive suffered with for around 15 years. Until i found this forum i didnt know what it was, i just called it auto pilot and brain fog and thought i was the only one.

However mine was since smoking cannabis as a dumb 15 year old. I smoked it for a while with no effects, then all of a sudden we got some new really strong smelling stuff and it had a bad effect on me. I accused the friends i was with of planning the meeting up to kill me (yes, it still gets brough up every now and then), thought my car seat was going to eject me, it was crazy. I didnt touch it for 10 years, until wondering if i could reverse it, i was careful though and at home and took my time, i didnt get the bad paranoia but it didnt cure it or make it worse, that was 5 years ago. I think its something to do with chemical balance in the brain but i havent read enough about it yet to understand properly.

What being young and stupid can do huh

Re: Anyone else's caused by cannabis?

Are you talking about a whitey?

Not sure when I was a kid a whitey was when you went pale and were throwing up. I wasn't sick or I'll, but had extreme paranoia and visualizations which was bizarre to me from just cannabis. I went to the doctor about not feeling with reality a few months later, he was craps and told me to get more sleep even though I had already said I was sleeping 12 hours a day. He then had me go to the mental health unit once a week for a day, I chose woodwork and did that with a 'doctor/wood work teacher' followed by a chat with a doctor and they said I was depressed due to cannabis effects. The depression I think was rubbish, but she said some people who smoke it get extreme reactions which can alter the chemicals in the brain, I think they were right about that. They put me on Prozac for months which I think made it worse and I took myself off them. I literally didn't give a toss about anything on them and I think they made this dreamy feeling even more real.

Happened to me too.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/drugs/Pag...bis-facts.aspx
    I don't think it's what causes my anxiety 20 years later though...

This happend to me 20 years ago..smoked gear for a few years,bong buckets.thwn one day out of no where..i did a bing in my flat on my own,then bang!!!! I was sent into the most terible paranoia and the highest anxiety iv ever known..and a real strong Depersonalization..everything felt artifitial and unreal.everything seemed 2d flat.all the sounds outside my flat felt in my face,the birds and cars in the distance all felt like they were in my face..it was nasty...i was hyper sensitive and i felt like i was in a tv reality show and everything was watching me..i was watching myself move around like big brother.this lasted for months before i felt normal again.but never realy recovered from it,even now after all these years...when i get anxious i feel all this again...smoking weed def ****s up your brain....

That's just the trigger the anxiety was probably already there the
    Cannabis just triggered an attack.

Yeah...did you ever have any anxiety before that?

Thread Information