Thread: I hate OCD!

I hate OCD!

Hey folks, I haven't posted on here for a while and I don't think I've ever posted in the ocd section, but I'm in the middle of a relapse and feeling really fed up. My OH of 14 years knows that I'm having trouble with my anxiety but as my ocd is focusing upon him I can't really talk to anyone about it as they wouldn't understand that it is OCD. Ive had treatment for it before and I know that I can get better but I'm just feeling alone and fed up. I'm trying to be mindful and use my CBT techniques, take my meds etc, but I'm so scared that it will get worse. Sorry for the winge folks, hope everyone is having a good day xxx

Re: I hate OCD!

Hello Danron!

It won't get worse honestly, if you got over it once and have some techniques now to overcome your anxiety levels, then it will be fine. So.. Why do you think they wouldn't understand? I was really afraid to talk to my therapist about my sexual OCD because I thought the same thing, he won't understand. But not only he did but it was a great step to overcoming my fear.

Anxiety and specially OCD tends to makes us isolate from others as we fear they might treat us as crazy people, the truth is (at least for me, and I know many will agree) this never happens and reaching out to help others or to ask for help does make anxiety levels go down.

Remember anxiety and ruminating thoughts tend to make everything "terrible" and we start to worry over the worst case scenario, if you want write down everything you are thinking the whole fear, sometimes it helps to get stuff out of our heads.

Tom

Hey Danron. Sorry to hear you're having a difficult time right now. I'm aware of how horrendous OCD can be. My husband has had to work very hard to learn to control it. Not sure if it's similar to what you're experiencing - but his OCD was very much focused around our relationship. ( and past relationships) He would have awful involuntary thoughts and struggled to get through it at times. We both had to work together, and still do. Thankfully with CBT he has learned to manage his OCD but still struggles at times. If you think there is anything at all I could do to help, advice, or just someone to vent to, I'm here. Feel free to message me if you like. If not I wish you all the best. Try to stay strong. I've watched my husband come through a real battle to the other side and I'm sure you'll get there too. Take care

This too, shall pass...

Thank you both, it really helps to know people understand. I have really caring people in my life who understand that I struggle with anxiety and are really supportive so i wouldn't want to do them an injustice, but I don't want to share the content with them as sometimes people think it reflects my real feelings and I really don't want to hurt my OH again. He knows I'm having a hard time though and is still supporting me.
    Tom thank you for your wise words, I know I can beat this again and it really helps to know people understand.
    Susie I'm really sorry you and your partner have gone through this and you must be an amazing person to support him through it. Thank you for sharing your story, it really helps to know that people have got through it (I have before)

Thanks alot xxx
    Dani

Hi Danron, I definitely agree with you - OCD sucks! I have harm OCD, a new occurrence for me for about 7 months. Anxiety I have had before, but it's not helping either.. I am better than the beginning, just working on getting even better.

So I would listen to the others and remember how you have gotten through this before and you have tools you can use. And you are definitely not alone!

Thank you hon! And I'm sorry that you are going through it too. OCD really does suck! Thanks for your support and if you need any I'm here too.
    This forum is really the most supportive forum I've been on. Definitely not feeling as alone as I did xxx ☺

Thread Information