Thread: Stomach cramps

Stomach cramps

I've been reading through the threads on sertraline and I know this has been mentioned before but I just wanted to know how long the stomach cramps and diarrhoea lasted for other people? Mine started within 6 hours of taking my first 50mg dose, with food.

I don't read side effects before taking a new medication but, when the cramps etc started, I wanted to know if it was a side effect or if I'd caught a bug.

I'm a bit concerned as my appetite has been very poor for quite a while due to anxiety and I don't want an upset tummy as there isn't much in there to get upset!

Re: Stomach cramps

Hey! I had slight stomach cramps at the begining but I realised it was because I was eating lots of sunflower seeds, soon as I stopped them it went! It might be something you are eating? I completely lost my appetite and had quite bad nausea for a good few weeks, it gradually got better tho. I did have slightly loose bowels some days worse than Others, ive now gone completely the other way and im mostly constipated!!!!

Hope it settles for you soon, also well done for not reading the side effects as it doesnt help an already anxious person one bit!

Nick

Thanks for your reply, Wareing.

I also been having stomach cramps, and the loose stools, normal start up effects. It will wear off eventually, take care of yourself during this time. Ginger and peppermint should help ease the cramps as well
    Diagnosis: ADHD (Combined Type) with GAD. Had Post Concussive Syndrome, as well as Occipital Neuralgia and IBS. Recovered from PCS in May 2013. Diagnosed with a kidney disease called Gitelman Syndrome in November 2015.

On natural remedies currently.

L-tryptophan and magnesium glycinate

Also taking: potassium chloride er

Thank you, Consider, for your reply. I can honestly say that this is the worst I have ever felt. Intensely increased anxiety levels, nausea and almost constant diarrhoea. The diazepam I was prescribed to cope with the increased anxiety helped not at all.

I've read a lot of the posts on here and I think they promote quite a balanced view...some people have only slight side effects. Others have them to a more severe degree. My GP obviously didn't list the possible side effects and neither did I read the leaflet. So I took my first pill in a fairly optimistic way.

I know that other posters advise perseverance but I just can't wait to get that one pill out of my system and I think that my reasoning is that they don't suit everyone but they do suit some. I'm in the former group. The thought of repeating today for another one, two or three weeks is not in the slightest bit appealing. Back to the drawing board

Agnes,

I know how you feel. Cymbalta for me is like Zoloft for you, I couldn't even make it through the side effect period, so I quit completely and went back to the drawing board, I ended up on Paxil.

Second time around, though, Paxil didn't work the way I hoped it would. Doctor puts me on Zoloft, and Gabapentin, and so far, I am ok, but feeling a little queasy and a tad bit anxious. Mornings are the worst for me!

Good luck on finding the right med for you Agnes!
    Diagnosis: ADHD (Combined Type) with GAD. Had Post Concussive Syndrome, as well as Occipital Neuralgia and IBS. Recovered from PCS in May 2013. Diagnosed with a kidney disease called Gitelman Syndrome in November 2015.

On natural remedies currently.

L-tryptophan and magnesium glycinate

Also taking: potassium chloride er

Thread Information