Hello.

I have this social thing in a few weeks, where I know I'll have to sit on a chair for a time, in the middle of a big group of other people. I'm pretty much petrified, and have been under great deal of stress since I found out when the event is.

The reason is that when I'm anxious, I have a big urge to go to the toilet for a #2. I'm petrified that I'll get a panic attack, and either won't be able to go to the toilet during the event, or have an accident. The vision of me shitting my pants in front of everyone (worst case scenario) haunts me every day.

My plan is to get some over the counter pills that slow my metabolism, and to thoroughly empty myself before I go there. I even wanted to go to the doctor and see if I could get some pills prescribed to calm me down. But despite all this, I know my body, and I know that it always finds a way to scare me, and I know that I'll feel the need to go to the bathroom.

Does anyone have similar fears/phobias, and some effective ways to counter them? Thanks.