Thread: Still struggling

Still struggling

Hi! I wrote about my ibs before but I'm still really struggling and I'm just looking for some advice how to feel better. I had blood test and a stool test done and both came back clear. Something in the bloods was below normal but I didn't really understand them on the phone but they said it was still marked as ok and otherwise the doctor would ask me to make an appointment. Honestly, im too tired to worry about it now, if they say its ok - it probably is. But my stomach is still making my life a nightmare. I really struggle to eat, I'm scared to eat anything at work so sometimes i go hours before I eat something and even then its just a bit of soup or something light. I've lost nearly 9kg now but I'm trying not to panic since this is how it works, I barely eat so I lose weight. My doctor prescribed me some buscopan 4 times a day 2 tablets and I remember them not helping me in the past but this time with these tablets and eating really lightly I can get it a bit under control. But everytime I eat something a little different, everything comes back and an hour later I'm crying in the toilet. I ate a slice of homemade cake on new years eve and I'm still suffering from cramps, bloating and loose poop. Its very pale in colour but I also take peppermint capsules and they comfrot my stomach a little bit but i think they change my poop as it smells minty (lol sorry for too much info). My question is, how do you keep it under control? I am really exhausted at the moment and just want to feel ok :(

Re: Still struggling

Bless you it's really horrible
    I can totally relate to the fear of eating and losing weight part. Have you tried build up or complan? I tried them but couldn't get away with them, I found they made me kinda bloated and nauseous.
    You might want to ask your Dr for a referral to a dietician who could look into a diet called 'fodmaps' if you google it you'll get an idea of what it's about, some people have found a relief with it.
    Also are you on antidepressants for anxiety? Apparently a low dose antidepressant can help IBS so if you're not already on one then maybe that would be something to think about.
    Hope you find some relief
    xxx

Thread Information