Thread: Dent in breast

Question Dent in breast

51, had a routine mammography last year, all good, but have noticed this issue before. Around 10 years ago I lost weight and noticed a dent right across the top of my left boob. I had a mammogram and all was fine - obviously, following last year's check.

I have lost weight again, and last week noticed the quite deep line/dent once again. It seems to sit in between two ribs horizontally, so I am not sure if this is just because the skin is thinner at my age and therefore makes the dent noticeable. Despite the recent checks/confirmation this was OK ten years ago, I am still worried. Health anxiety kicking in again, but just wondered if anyone has noticed/experienced any changes due to age or weight loss.

I am going to get this checked out though.

Thank you.

Re: Dent in breast

Hey there, just wondering if you had it checked out? I found a dimple in my left breast yesterday and I'm terrified!

Hi I know you both posted quite a few months back but I am just wondering how you both got on with the dimples in your breasts?

I would love to hear back from you as I am quite worried at the moment xx

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101115 View Post
    Hi I know you both posted quite a few months back but I am just wondering how you both got on with the dimples in your breasts?

I would love to hear back from you as I am quite worried at the moment xx
    Hi Emily! Yes, I have my dent completely checked out. I found it back in January. I saw my Dr. and she set me up for a mammogram/ultrasound. Totally clear. I couldn't let it go so I saw a surgeon, he told me at 3 separate visits that it was just stretched skin from having kids, getting older etc. I'm 32 btw. I had read so much online about mammograms missing things so I panicked. I went back to the surgeon and begged him to let me do a breast MRI. He didn't think I needed it but he approved it. I ended up having to pay out of pocket for it though but it was worth my peace of mind. I had that done at the end of April. Four days later, Dr. called, all cleared! I hope that helps! I know how scary it is, I was a wreck when I was going through it. *Hugs* Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk further. I'm going through another breast scare right now actually, same breast but different area. I found 2 lumps I'm having biopsied next week. :(

Thread Information