Thread: HA/throat/worries all gone as soon as I quit smoking

HA/throat/worries all gone as soon as I quit smoking

I haven't really ever posted here, maybe once when I first joined a couple of years back. I have suffered from HA for at least 10 years, and have had every symptom and worry. I have also been a pack a day smoker for 20 years.
    So funny to smoke so heavily and worry about your health, yet keep smoking and then keep worrying...terrible cycle.
    Either way, I always thought that smoking calmed my nerves, relaxed my thoughts and I would smoke away reading other posts, relating to other members and not feeling so alone.
    This past year, my throat worries (among other worries) got the best of me. I of course immediately self diagnosed myself with all the worst imaginable diseases.
    And then I quit smoking cold turkey. Ok, so yeah, I was a hornet the first couple of days, but it got easier. Almost immediately though, all of my symptoms of HA disappeared. My throat pains, lump, gerd, anxiety, headaches, thoughts of cancer, thoughts of MS, etc. all are gone.
    I just wanted to post here for anyone else that is a smoker or maybe ingesting something not realizing that is is possibly contributing to your feelings.
    Are my HA feelings going to be gone forever? Who knows, but if I am healthier and have one or 2 less worries, I will take it!

Re: HA/throat/worries all gone as soon as I quit smoking

Good for you! Meglen. i am on patches to help me stop smoking.
    Although I have not finally stopped as yet, I have cut right down, and am feeling
    the benefit already.
    Today we have been out for Sunday lunch with my husbands relations, and for the first time I have not been worked up about going out with anyone else other than my husband.
    Take care.

That's very inspiring hun and I can totally relate to that cycle (20 a day smoker myself).
    I think about quitting everyday, I know I'm mad to continue when I worry so much about heart, throat, lungs etc.
    Thank you for taking the time to post that.
    Xx

Keep it going Magic! I hope you enjoyed your day out and that you enjoy many more!!

Traceypo, you will know when you are ready to quit and as scary and horrible as it is, it is also freeing!!!

This was my inspiration to quit. Thank you Meglen, it may have taken some time but your thread definitely made me think more about the choices I was making for myself. I was miserable as a smoker so I guess I had nothing to lose by quitting, I'm happier, richer, and have far more energy, better still I'm not controlled by cigarettes anymore and don't need to worry when, how and where I can have a cigarette anymore.
    Xxx

Thread Information