Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: does anyone know if adults can have the cervical cancer vaccine

Re: does anyone know if adults can have the cervical cancer vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Urusainaa View Post
    I honestly think anyone who answers your questions is not helping you. From reading your posts it seems that you're slightly addicted to reassurance, but that now the 'high' lasts for a shorter and shorter amounts of time.

I don't know if you are one of those anxious people who think worrying will actually stop bad things from happening or if your anxiety is just out of control but I do think this site isn't helping you and so I, like some others on here, am not going to be replying.

Good luck. I really hope you get well.
    I very much agree with this. Responses-no matter how kind and well meaning-just add fuel to the fire. No responses at all would be the most beneficial for Beckie then she would have nothing to feed off.

I hope you get well soon too, Beckie for your family's sake and for you of course. But you have to do the hard work yourself along with your therapist and not expect others to reassure you constantly.

I just had an ordinary smear but they also test that for hpv, it came back negative for hpv so I'm now back to 3 yearly, my next one is due August so this was over two years ago.
    I do understand how you feel Beckie, but if you don't try to do something with the anxiety, I fear you are going to go through many rounds of testing, disbelief and increased anxiety.
    You must be exhausted with all of this worry. I really struggle when I have symptoms and it's taken a lot of hard work to rationalise things, but you can do it.
    Xxx

Why people wud think that by me thinking negative I wont get ill .life is cruel I'm well aware of that but I certainly am not like this so I think I wont get ill .thankyou trace ��

I've not been on this forum for long but I think people are being a bit harsh. This is an anxiety forum after all. Pretty much everyone who posts on here recognises they have some kind of anxiety issue. This is a safe place for them to vent, air concerns, get advice and sometimes reassurance, especially from those who have been through it and have come out the other end. A lot of health anxiety sufferers feel that they cannot keep discussing their worries with friends and family. This is a safe place for them to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy77 View Post
    I've not been on this forum for long but I think people are being a bit harsh. This is an anxiety forum after all. Pretty much everyone who posts on here recognises they have some kind of anxiety issue. This is a safe place for them to vent, air concerns, get advice and sometimes reassurance, especially from those who have been through it and have come out the other end. A lot of health anxiety sufferers feel that they cannot keep discussing their worries with friends and family. This is a safe place for them to do so.
    The thing is Poppy, no one is being harsh in my opinion. The reason being, Beckie constantly posts thread after thread and deletes threads. Most of them are about the same thing. Different types of cancer etc. we've all been there and everyone including myself knows how she feels and it's hard, it really is. People have been trying and trying again to help her in the best way possible and it's not satisfying enough. It's reassurance after reassurance and it's just not helping. We have all tried to tell her that's it's best if you don't post as often because it will help a whole lot.

The reason i'm saying this is because i've been through it myself, been in Beckies position although, not as bad. It's hard, anxiety is hard but all's that's happening on here is she's feed her anxiety, making it worse by coming on here all day every day. If people come across as harsh, they're not meaning too. Beckie needs to be told as it is. It's the most effective way.But a lot have people given up because quite frankly, there's either nothing else to say, the reassurance is not enough or she bites back. I've always tried to be nice, and i'm trying to be now. Because i'm not a nasty person and I never mean to hurt anyone. It's just I think it's best that Beckie should realise people are just trying to help

I don't mean to cause any offence in this post but I'm just saying it how it is.

Fair enough, I suppose I didn't know the background to things.

Great thanks everyone its just mean now

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

I wont bother any of u again

Quote Originally Posted by Beckie4567 View Post
    Great thanks everyone its just mean now

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

I wont bother any of u again
    It's not mean Beckie. We are all trying to help you and it's not working.. simple as that really. But think what you will!

People are just trying to help Beckie. This is a recurring pattern I've seen across a number of your threads, you'll ask a question, get some replies - they won't be the replies you have in your head so you'll grow frustrated and ask the same question again and again, and eventually delete the thread because people tell you what I just have.

No one is being untoward.

You've all said previously that u were where iv we been once so understand how I feel.i have never once sed I'm not grateful for people's responces.its just helpful to talk to people who r going thro same thing.im quite aware of my anxiety without people telling all the time.

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

A lot of you have actually written alot of posts just like me

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information