Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Definitely having a depression blip week 5. Ugh

Re: Definitely having a depression blip week 5. Ugh

brilliant post. Currently going through the dreaded 5 week blip! Hoping to come out the other side soon enough get so fed up with the anxiety now. How you doing Jadedflower?

Hi milliemoo.
    Don't know where everyone went I was enjoying hearing others progress. I assume they must be well . I'm not too bad been on flux for 4 months now. It's not the magic pill I thought it was but maybe it does something cos I used to shake all day now I don't. Still hate mornings as I feel very shaky and my stomach churns. Are you on flux too, how are you getting on ?

Yes, I'm on 40mg tomorrow will be week 6, first and second week were tough, then I thought I'd turned a corner in weeks 3 & 4 I had some pretty good days, but this last week has been horrendous! Today all I've done is worry that the tablets aren't going to work! I have been very shaky too over the last couple of days. I am reading everyone's post saying to hold out to week 8 and things get better. Fingers crossed they will.

I'm only on 20 mg, I honestly don't think I noticed any improvement for a few months. Then again I'm not sure if I just became used to feeling the way I do.on the other hand I don't intend to stop taking them in case I go back to how I was.
    Hope they help you sooner, we are all different so you may be lucky. The first weeks were absolutely horrendous I really thought I was going mad.

Hi, Just read this thread and thanks for all your answers with lots of hope messages.
    Was on Fluox 20 mg. for 10 years, (never had depressions again) then stopped this year March. Went into a depression from beginning of July and asked for Prozac 20 mg.
    I am now on my 25th day and not feeling any better. First weeks terrible anxiety feelings, shaking, overall low mood etc. Also a big problem sleeping>every other night a benzo to help me sleep, otherwise hardly 2 hours sleep.
    Still during the day I manage to use the bike(cycling), walking and a couple of times a week sport activities. I understand it can take 6 to 8 weeks to feel a little better. The thing I don't understand that 10 years ago by starting the fluox I had no problems adjusting to it. This time it is complete different. Next week I will see my dr. again>see how it goes. I never had it that bad in my life before. Just turned 67 last week.
    Keep my fingers crossed it will pass in the next 3 weeks. Thanks for any answers. Cheers from NL

I know those first weeks are awful. They helped you in the past but I suppose as we get older things change. I honestly don't think they do anything for me after being on them more than four months. I will keep going cos they say withdrawal is bad so I just plod on. Hope they help you eventually.

Hi Jadedflower,
    thx for your last message> Sorry to hear that the Fluox didn't work sofar for you. We will to have patience to be right again. Maybe a change of AD would do the trick for you? I read that many people in this site got eventually a lot better. Let's hope for us that the sun will shine again for us! Cheers from NL

Hi NLbudy,
    I was feeling better for a few weeks and thought this is great I had forgotten what normal feels like. Then I seemed to go backwards. I am not as bad as I was in the beginning when I didn't want to live. I have underactive thyroid too but supposed to be "normal " now. That causes anxiety but if dr says your normal now then that's as far as the health service goes here. I know we have to do a lot of work ourselves to get well but when your mind goes haywire it's hard. I don't want to change tablets cos those first weeks were dreadful and never want to go thro that again. Let's keep our spirits up and hope for brighter days.

UPDATE!!

Sorry for being such a horrid bitch and not updating sooner.

Long story short...I've been feeling SO MUCH BETTER! Well...40mg Prozac/Fluoxetine has worked wonders! I still have good days/not so good days. Little blips happen, and I worry about relapsing...but overall, I've been so much better. I have more moments of feeling "normal" and good than bad. I am overall so very, very thankful. Working part-time now, and still seeing a counselor once a week...things are finally, finally, FINALLY getting back to "normal". I've even gone on a couple mini trips away from home. I feel like I'm actually doing things that a year, or two years ago would have been IMPOSSIBLE!

So sorry again for not updating sooner...but to think I've gone weeks without visiting the forum, when at my worst I was visiting multiple times a day...wow, progress and recovery are possible!

Hang in there, everyone!

xxxxxx

Genoire

That's awesome to hear. So happy for you.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread Information