Thread: Waiting for blood tests - anxiety!

Waiting for blood tests - anxiety!

I had my blood tests done this morning. Full blood count, thyroid check and ESR inflammatory marker. I am sooooo anxious waiting for the results. They said I could call in tomorrow and they should be back, so I have booked a Dr appointment for Friday as I need to know I can go in this week if there is something wrong. Earlier in the year, my friend had ESR markers that came back very high and they are STILL trying to figure out why. This is one of the things that makes me really anxious, since this can be a sign of cancer. I am worried that mine will be high too, meaning that there is a possibility of cancer somewhere in my body but they won't be able to find out where. Anyway, pointless post really since there is no way out other than through, so I will just have to wait and deal with whatever the results are.

Re: Waiting for blood tests - anxiety!

High ESR markers indicate inflammation somewhere in the body and not necessarily cancer. I know it's hard but you're jumping the gun before you've even had your test results and imagining the worst. High ESR alone just means inflammation and further tests but yours could be perfectly normal.

I've been through a battery of blood tests ordered by a haematologist recently-it's horrible waiting for results and the worse thing you can do is speculate. Ring up for the results on Thursday?

Thread Information