Thread: Pain & irregular bleeding- poss peri menopausal

Pain & irregular bleeding- poss peri menopausal

Hi everyone,I'm hoping with all my heart someone may be able to help. I' 40 years old and have been having extremely irregular periods for a couple of years. My last period was about last April.my doctor did fsh test which was very high so it looks like I'm possibly peri menopausal.my smear test is due next month but have always been normal (please God!). I have also years ago however had cervical erosion,and had some small fibroids. I also had a small complex ovarian cyst a few years ago which cleared up. I also a few years ago had ivf and got pregnant but miscarried. Two weeks ago hours after sex some light bleeding started which has scared me,this was on and off for a few days and has again started a few days ago,and is there when I wipe and a tiny bit on a liner. Also I have on and off for a few months had a really bad lower stomach/pelvic ache that feels like a really bad period is coming but never does. Course I've made the mistake of googling and I can't stop worrying now that this is endometrial cancer,cervical or ovarian cancer 😓😰. I went to my doctors a week ago and she is sending me for an ultrasound scan but please please I'm hoping till then someone may be able to advise if this possibility does sound more like peri menopause or is what I'm scared of,especially womb cancer 😔😔😔. Thankyou so much for taking the time to read thisxxxxx
    Big hugs & kisses xxxxx

Re: Pain & irregular bleeding- poss peri menopausal

Anyone

Re: Pain & irregular bleeding- poss peri menopausal

Although I'm older than you - 51 - I have experienced similar things to you in the last two years, and worried myself silly about it. I consulted Dr Google too! Not good at all, but I wanted to offer you some reassurance.

My periods have always been irregular, so did not really notice that I was, at the time, clearly peri-menopausal, but I started to bleed a tiny bit after sex, and did have some stomach pains, similar to period pains. Because of my age my doctor did refer me to a gynaecologist all the same.

My ultrasound showed I had a fibroid, but also a polyp on my cervix which he thought was the cause of the bleeding. It was removed biopsied and all was fine. I felt much better. However, a few weeks later I had more "spotting" so went back to see the gynae. However, this time he noticed that the lining of my womb was thicker than it should be, and thicker than the first time he examined it. He was not overly worried as I am slim, but he took a biopsy and again all was absolutely fine. Less than two weeks after this I had a very heavy period! My last hurrah, I believe. This probably explains why the lining of my womb had been thicker, as it normally is before a period.

My message is, please, please, please try not to worry too much. The peri-menopause is a very confusing time, all sorts of little things can confuse the picture but it sounds as if you are getting the very best help. I nearly went insane with worry about all of this, but it was all fine xxx

Thread Information