Thread: What scares you the most?

What scares you the most?

As part of my health anxiety travel blog - I wanted to find out what you think the scariest parts of travel are? What would most put you off going away?

Do you find it hard to leave the house?

Would you be concerned about lack of a GP while away?

Worried about disappointing someone you were travelling with?

Money shortage?

I'm sure you all have better suggestions - for me it's always been worrying about having solid medical care and being far away from home, trapped and unable to get back. Or something terrible happening to my partner while we're away together.

Re: What scares you the most?

I am fortunate enough to be able to travel abroad twice each year and really look forward to it but I often get HA symptoms in the lead-up or whilst there. I get really angry at myself for spoiling things for myself and my husband.

Whilst not afraid of flying, I don't enjoy it; however my main worry is being so far away from home and not ever being able to get back to my family - which is irrational but still preys on my mind. This is a really odd thing, but I also don't like the sensation of how big the world is - as seen from the window of the 'plane!

I don't even worry about access to good healthcare. It seems to be the anxiety that brings out the health symptoms, rather than any fear about getting ill and not being treated.

Every year is a battle and I have had some very unpleasant experiences - but it wouldn't put me off going

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    I often get HA symptoms in the lead-up
    This is totally me too!!

i've never traveled outside the UK, always find it difficult leaving the house

what would concern me

hmm, i think what would concern me is catching something local tio that country, and then coming back to the UK with it

you know you hear the stories all the time of people going away, then coming back with strange psymptoms

i had to think outside the box their having never travvel;ed, but i think what i came up with is quite a valid concern anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    I am fortunate enough to be able to travel abroad twice each year and really look forward to it.
    Pigeon - I can sympathise with the whole 'How big the world is' - it is crazily big, I think it's hard to even digest how big our planet is, looking at it from a plane makes me feel very small!

That's great that you can travel abroad where have you visited???

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by emily67 View Post
    you know you hear the stories all the time of people going away, then coming back with strange symptoms
    Deff! I mean with the ebola scare and everything in the news recently you never know what you might have brought back!

We go to Kefalonia (Greek Islands) in June for a couple of weeks and visit relatives in France in September.

I don't think I could travel much further than that!

I love traveling. I think the scariest part for me is when things don't go as planned - i.e. planes cancelled, bad weather, etc. Once I was flying home and the flight was 3 hours. We got 2 hours through and they turned around and went back due to weather. Well then we couldn't get home for 3 more days (ice storm back home). That was awful.

Thread Information