Thread: Thyroid cancer

Thyroid cancer

Hello, I have a thyroid nodule maybe more not sure how to tell. Its hard and moves only a little bit. Its an oval shape about An inch and a half in width and and a about a cm in lenth no symptoms that I know of except of a swollen lymph node that swells and unswells that I've had for awhile maybe due to sinusitis or chronic ear affection I don't know I havent went to the doctors yet. I have no famliy history of cancer but had an xray when I was about 4 years old for a benign swollen lymph node. Has anyone had any thyroid nodule diseases or cancer and tell me about your experience im really worried it could be cancer.

Re: Thyroid cancer

Hi if you read my posts you will see that I have had thyroid nodule & I was panicking. I worried & worried which did nothing apart from exacerbating my HA & putting life on hold.I had an op in the end which was not a bad experience at all. The outcome being benign even though the needle biopsy was slightly concerning hence the op. The needle biopsy was not a bad experience either & I worried about that !! I suppose I'm telling you to get it checked but try not to worry as it is such a waste of time. Easier said than done as I know but do try to distract yourself & remember that its nothing until we are told differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn4 View Post
    Hi if you read my posts you will see that I have had thyroid nodule & I was panicking. I worried & worried which did nothing apart from exacerbating my HA & putting life on hold.I had an op in the end which was not a bad experience at all. The outcome being benign even though the needle biopsy was slightly concerning hence the op. The needle biopsy was not a bad experience either & I worried about that !! I suppose I'm telling you to get it checked but try not to worry as it is such a waste of time. Easier said than done as I know but do try to distract yourself & remember that its nothing until we are told differently.
    Thank you for your reply I made an appointment for tomorrow morning at a free clinic because as of right now I am without insurance. Do you know if benign thyroid nodules cause swollen lymph nodes? I have one in the back of my head I have about 5 lumps on my groin which I know atleast a couple of them are hernias and I can feel a couple lumps under my jaw/chin.

I had odd lumps but all was fine. Let us know how you get on.

Thread Information