Thread: Blood !!!!

Blood !!!!

Well here I go again, my anxiety sky high.

Bowel issues for over a year now. Have had this particular issue before which the doctor was not concerned about, but it's rearing its ugly head again.

Recent, when I've gone to the toilet a part of my stool is a bit harder and has, what I think, is darker blood liquid on the outside of it, it's only on part of it, the rest is fine. Now I have been diagnosed via two proctoscopy exams with two piles, which I suffer with frequently, but this discharge is not bright fresh blood. The stool is not black. Now I know it's gross, but when my husbands had a look he can't seen anything, so says it's my mind playing tricks on me, but I know it's not.

When I saw my doctor last time about it, he wasn't concerned about the blood being darker and said it was all to do with my piles playing up. This time though my stool was not hard to pass so should not affect my piles.

Anyone had this happen to them, going back to see my doctor next Thursday.

Re: Blood !!!!

Don't worry Cruise. Go to see the doctor for sure, but its piles.

Thank you so much for your reply.

How can I be sure it's piles, thought that was bright fresh blood on toilet paper and / or stool. This is darker, not black bit darker.

Hi all.

Anxiety sky high yet again, the same issue as I had back in January and a lot last year. Have tried to keep my anxiety under control regarding my bowels and have succeeded pretty well, well most of the time anyway. But just this last week or so, the issue of darker blood has raised its head again. Last Thursday, I had a particularly hard bowel movement which I know aggravated my piles a lot. Since then my bowels have been all over the place, but I have noticed what looks like darker blood on the harder parts of the stool, the other parts have none at all. What's this all about? Anyone else had this. Sorry to be so graphic about my explanations.

Thread Information