Thread: Welp. Starting Sertraline again

Welp. Starting Sertraline again

Not sure if I'm going to be here updating my day to day experience. In the past this drug never really did anything for me but I never really gave it a fair chance to either.

I never really had any side affects when I took it starting off slow 7 years ago. At least nothing really different or heightening of my anxiety happened. I've done the Cits and Vens with. I'll never touch Venlafaxine again. Man that destroyed me.

So today I started off with 25mg of Sert. Will be doing that for the next few days. Then will up the dose to 50mg. We'll see how this goes through the month. In the past I managed to get to 100mg which I believe still didn't affect me. Felt like I wasn't even taking anything. So I think my goal will be to hit 100mg and see how it does now 7 years later. If still nothing I'll up my dose.

Re: Welp. Starting Sertraline again

i find that with Sertraline you dont notice really but
    they help u in a subtle way
    good luck x

Thanks! Yeah I need to start something at least. I'll be tying in my Psych appointments too while on these. In my eyes drugs should be used as a tool. Not a cure. So hope I can use these to help focus my thoughts better so down the road when I decide I can try and taper down that I don't lose my mind, haha.

So far I finished my second day. My major side affect is feeling super sleepy. But when I went for my walk tonight I ram a half mile. I had so much energy and I felt great. Hoping after the next few weeks those side effects go away but that energy stays. My nausea hasn't been too bad either. Been able to eat. I use to eat terribly before this medication. Basically I lived with nausea in control. If the nausea was gone instead of trying to cook something I went and picked it up instead. Instantly cooked and consumed before the nausea decided to creep back. Today I was able to grill up a steak. Been a long time since I cooked for myself haha.

But yeah. Side effects suck but manageable. So far the side effects are worth having with how good I've been midway through the day. Just got to force myself up or I'll sleep all day, haha. I'm only on 25mg right now. Will up the dose in a few days if things go down hill.

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Also the other side effect I've had was facial/top of the head tightness and hard to concentrate. But was already getting those, just amped up a bit more. Just gotta stick to it.

Thread Information