Thread: painful periods, what can i do about it?.

painful periods, what can i do about it?.

hey,
    so I've struggled with painful periods since I first got them at 9,
    and now they're still just as painful and still make me cry for about 3-4 hours, (at least it doesn't make me throw up anymore though lol)
    I'd definitely say it ruins my daily life especially as I always seem to have something important either the first day or the day after and i have to cancel because I know I'll temporarily be in my deathbed lol,
    its gotten to the point where I'm so sick of it ruining my days everytime it comes around and crying for 2-3 hours straight, however, I'm not sure if I should go up the doctors about it and whether they can actually do anything to help, I'm just at a bit of a loss at the moment lol x

Re: painful periods, what can i do about it?.

Hey!

Have you been to see a nurse about this in the past because my friend was like you and she tried out the pill, that stops periods obviously then she went on to get the implant which is in for 3 years. With the implant it doesn't take to some people. So youd have to discuss this with the nurse sorry I'm not much help but I just thought I'd let you know from experience from my friend!

nope i've seen anyone about it yet as i've just dealt with it so far lol thanks for the advice i'm bad at thinking up what to do lol

when I was at the sexual health clinic a few weeks to talk about having the coil removed (because I was having a lot of period pain) they offered to get me some strong painkillers. I imagine you would be able to get a prescription for cocodamol from your GP, if you're happy taking things like that. I've found its amazing for period pains when I've taken it in the past!

i'll have to have a think about it as i'm not someone who likes to take painkillers especially that high if a dosage lol thanks for info x

Hi Sam,
    I can sympathise I also used to get really nasty pain.
    It is absolutely worth going to visit your GP, there's lots of options to try.
    I tried a couple of drugs which may help you but didn't do much for me.
    I ended up going on the pill (microgynon 30) which helped so much it's unbelievable. Now I'm much lighter and I do still get cramps but they are manageable rather than like you say being confined to bed because they're so bad.
    I can understand your worries over taking medication though, if you decide going down the route of taking pills would be too stressful for you, there are alternative therapies that may help.
    Best wishes

Soluble Disprin. As long as it does not interfere with any other meds you may be taking. Fast effective. x
    I have a phobia of pills, but have been taking these for years. Brilliant for pain.

thanks for the advice x i don't mind taking painkillers its just cocodamol is a little high for me lol x

Thread Information