Page 10 of 139 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV shows are you watching right now?

Re: What TV shows are you watching right now?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsCav View Post
    But one bloomin' Simpson did it!

---------- Post added at 07:32 ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Genoire View Post
    This totally reminded me about a cool piece from a Radiolab podcast I heard a while back. It talks about how a whale sinks and decomposes. It's pretty cool and oddly beautiful...the process takes YEARS. It starts at about 28 mins in and is only about 8 minutes or so.

http://www.radiolab.org/story/161744-loops/

You don't HAVE to listen, but I just remembered how cool this piece was and couldn't help but post for any whale-loving folks reading.

Radiolab is a badass podcast, FYI! Some of their episodes have changed my life. So, so good.
    Thanks Geniore, I shall have a look at that shortly.

Whales are beautiful creatures. It's amazing how they give so much back to the survival of other creatures when they die. I think I've seen other programmes like this about large mammals.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 07-04-16 at 07:30.

Admission Time !!!

Through watching it with my 3 1/2 year old Grandson I have fallen in love with 'Thunderbirds are Go', its not as good as the original but it's actually a really nice reMake, it's witty and it has reall model work alongside CGI instead of puppetry. A couple of episodes I noted were written by David Baddiel which probably means that the scripting team has some wit amongst it though I don't recognise a lot of the other writers.

The only thing it suffers from ( a bit like Nu Who ( post 2005 Doctor Who )) is that the plots are very pacey and the action is cut very quickly from scene to scene. I guess that goes with the territory of telling each episode in 25 minutes now rather than the old 45 minutes.

Well done to the WETA company for the new Thunderbird launch sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsCav View Post
    I can not believe that the race card was allowed to played as much as it was. It was a murder case. I have a theory, all those on OJ's side, Cochrane dead, Kardashian dead, the older fella, Will I think, he is disbarred and Shapiro has had a step child die. My theory is like the tomb of King Tut, it's bad. OJ soooooooooooo killed Nicole and Ron ... or his older son did it! But one bloomin' Simpson did it!

Oh yeah, I love a good serial killer drama too, mind you, I like reading about serial killers too. I have an odd brain.
    Couldn't see the OJ book in Tesco tonight but they have just had in one about Jeremy Bamber.

Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners. I had the misfortune to watch an episode. Once again making the condition look slightly ridiculous and mainly to do with getting your cooker shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Couldn't see the OJ book in Tesco tonight but they have just had in one about Jeremy Bamber.
    The OJ book is still in, it just wasn't on the shelves when I looked.

There's a murderers programme on Pick soon so you might both want to watch out for that.

That sounds really dodgy!

My boyfriend is back from his trip, so we are watching Breaking Bad the FINAL season! I'm going to be so sad when it's over.

I've also started American Horror Story HOTEL. It's possibly the strangest one yet...I'm still trying to decide if I like it. It's really weird to see Lady Gaga in a major acting role.

Im currently really enjoying the Vintage TV Sessions, a vintage music channel has this

They mix up old bands and newcomers so its a nice mix of live music

Indian Summers.

Only seen the 2nd series. It's well written in terms of the characters but I feel it is let down in certain areas. For instance, Aafrin is like a rabbit in headlights whenever something dodgy is mentioned that is connected to his true mission. He looks guilty and I wonder whether that's supposed to be that way or just bad acting? Some of the writing is suspect e.g. the lord afraid what people would think of him trying to molest a servant girl. Come on, no one would care back in the days of acceptable domestic violence and women still being subservient, let alone in the House of Lords...they probably would have shook his hand while calling him a scallywag! Christ, these days politicians are at worse!

And tonight there was a explosion from half a dozen sticks of dynamite that would have struggled to blow the skin off a rice pudding! It blew a big hole in the ground, that very hard stuff that is difficult to blow a hole in, yet left a human being completely intact with a dusty suit! This device was supposed to blow up a load of people at a party and it did sweet FA. That for me is bad writing.

The rest otherwise seems good. But it is far too slow. Whether this is just the 2nd series, I don't know, but I'm struggling to understand what the big hoohah is about it based on this series. Good, but not amazing.

Julie Walters character is a vile person, but well acted. Ralph Whelan's character is very good. I'm trying to work out what his brother-in-law has on him though because a guy with that kind of power could surely do all sorts to him for beating his sister and easily get away with it?

It seems very popular though. Perhaps it's just the 2nd series?

Terry - That Jeremy Bamber is a strange one, I love when the documentaries come on about serial killers. I must live in the only town that doesn't have a Tesco! We did, then they shut it.

I am binge watching The Walking Dead. I remember watching it the first time round, watched about 3 eps and then just dropped it. But I am loving it now. It's really strange hearing Andrew Lincolns deep south accent when he will always be Egg from This Life to me. And should be with Milly!! I've got a few seasons to go till I'm up to date.

Genoire - You'll love Better Call Saul, that is brilliant and I think only 2 seasons. But most of the characters in Breaking Bad appear (apart from Jesse and Walter). Wasn't it brilliant what happened to Gus???? Best scene or episode of Breaking Bad!

Page 10 of 139 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread Information