Page 119 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1385

Thread: What TV shows are you watching right now?

Re: What TV shows are you watching right now?

I surprised myself watching an hour of it darksky. So I must be getting a bit more resilient.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    If I have one wish for it, I want Mike to ditch Eleven and realise Will is the love of his life. Come on Vecna…you know you want to dispose of her.
    Well, it was looking more hopeful for Robin, eh?

Yes the pair of them finally got their act together. I had my doubts they would, but I reckon alls come good in the end.

Ghost…Spillways

I've ordered GT a Funko POP 'Dustin' as he's his favourite character. This is a lil gift from his Mama to remember the summer we spent geeking out on every episode (to date) of Stranger Things.

Not a TV show as such, but I watched the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert yesterday (Paramount)

I'm a music fan (with a thing for drums & drummers) and The Foo Fighters are one of my favourite bands, so this was a 'must see' for me.

Dave Grohl has always impressed me as being a genuinely nice human being, as did Taylor Hawkins. So, I'm not at all surprised he was able to pull together a concert with so many music 'Gods' who all had a story about Taylor. The concert was a mix of Taylor's favourite bands and Foo songs with a flow of drummers filling in; the standout performance being that of Taylor's 16-year-old son, Shane. I imagine that Hawkins was standing in the wings, proudly watching his lad thrash those drums in a way that totally belied his age (And the fact that it's only been 6 months since his dad passed away)

Even if you don't fancy the five hours of music, you need to see this. (There are clips on YouTube)

Another stand out performance was that of a 12-year-old girl, Nandi Bushell. Her story is that she challenged Dave to an online drumming challenge (which he took her up on) and she became Foo family. Again, her confidence and talent blew my mind. Girl was drumming to a packed-out stadium, and she not only nailed her performance, but she looked like she was having the time of her life! (Twirly drumsticks and all) Awesome!

If I'd had have any kind of coordination, I would have liked to have learned how to play the drums. I just love them. Drums are the heart of a song and I often separate them in my brain from the other instruments. I do this with other instruments too but it's mostly drums. (I always thought this was the norm. But apparently, it's not)

When the world feels too fractured and disconnected, it helps me to watch a music concert (such as this one) and see how music connects people from different social statuses, race, gender, age, neurological differences, sexuality etc. They have this one thing in common: music.

Anyway, enough BS from me, if you have access to Paramount, go watch. Otherwise, find those young drummers on YouTube.

Nora, I’ve got a thing for drums too. I always said if ever I had been in a band it would be the drummer. When people were doing their air guitar thing, I was ( and still am ) doing the air drum stuff.

I saw Shane playing for his Dad.He was fantastic, really thrashing that drum kit. And only 16! Brilliant kid. I think they ought to make him the permanent drummer when he’s older. I expect his Dad was watching him, so proud.

Down the road from me, there’s this kid, well I say kid, I really have no idea how old he is. Probably more than a kid cos he’s been thrashing for years. Anyhoo, in the evening he opens his windows and really bashes the hell out of a drum kit. I stop and listen because it always coincides with the dog walk. He really is very good. Wasted talent.
    Last edited by Darksky; 07-09-22 at 11:24. Reason: Spelling

Ghost…Spillways

I watch quite a lot of music stuff on sky arts.
    Like you nora, if I'm feeling a bit off it tends to sort me out, brain wise.
    I think I've mentioned before how important music is in my life. So much I ended up being with a musician, lol. He says without a good solid drummer, it just won't happen.
    Darksky you could get yourself a drum machine

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    I saw Shane playing for his Dad.He was fantastic, really thrashing that drum kit. And only 16! Brilliant kid. I think they ought to make him the permanent drummer when he’s older. I expect his Dad was watching him, so proud.
    I thought the same thing, Darksky..

In the meantime, what do you reckon about Rufus Taylor? Dude has known the Foos since he was a little boy, and he actually has a look of Taylor? (As in Hawkins)

I know he currently drums for The Darkness (And sometimes with Queen), but he might be persuaded?
    Last edited by NoraB; 08-09-22 at 06:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Like you nora, if I'm feeling a bit off it tends to sort me out, brain wise.
    I think I've mentioned before how important music is in my life. So much I ended up being with a musician, lol. He says without a good solid drummer, it just won't happen.
    I can say with 100% certainty, that I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for music...

Aww nora, I'm pleased you are

Page 119 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast

Thread Information