Page 6 of 139 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV shows are you watching right now?

Re: What TV shows are you watching right now?

The People V's OJ Simpson. I am loving this! I remember when it was all going on.

Happy Valley, this series is as good as the first series.

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Watched The Story of Cats on ITV Sunday night. It was about rescue lions and the guy who rolls around on the floor with them. It also talked about the behaviours of domesticated cats and how they evolved from wild cat species.

I like tigers and any of the white breeds of wild cat but I really loved the Clouded Leopard. With it's long snout and eyes it reminded me of The Pink Panther. Very interesting how it still hunts in the trees for monkeys and birds.

Gorgeous! If money was no object I would love a Bengal cat. Actually, I would have a house full of them. Gorgeous.

Watched the series of The Jump.

Not as good as the previous two series, especially the first.

The producers certainly messed the format up making it weekly rather than daily. Then they managed to give the celebrities a way to bypass doing the jump at all by using the air jump instead, which was only used as a special event in the previous series. Even in the final no one used the highest jump when in previous seasons, they did. In the previous two seasons the celebrities were going off even the lowest jump from night one yet in this they were all ducking that in favour of the air jump...which any child could do without any training!

Easy ride.

And then we have the bringing back of Heather Mills. Arrogant as ever and full of excuses and made herself look a right plonker by having something to stop her competing constantly.

Arg came back in after being knocked out the week before to replace Linford, the athletic hero who must have had tons of injuries and be used to physical pain...yet pulled one of those ever so delicate areas that only athletes seem to be able to pull unlike any person off the street who would carry on! I was glad to see Arg booted out the same night he came back. And sick of Davina telling us all to love the plonker!

The worst happened though - Joe Swash! I was glad to see him leave quite quickly, the guy is a like a teenager and very annoying. His shoulder injury seemed to be a lot better when he came back, so it was obviously just a bruise and not the chipped shoulder they claimed. Prat. The week he went out it was quite obvious that they had an odd number of people for races that needed evens and Swash is injured so can't take part.

Currently watching 4400 on Netflix great series so far! And Big Bang theory I purchased all the seasons and then they came on Netflix a few days later!

Blacklist .......... The lead actors in this are fabulous

Just finished Season 4 of Breaking Bad.

Started American Horror Story...I think it's called "Occult" with the witches. So far it's not as good as the other seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    "The Night Manager."

What beautiful pictures Terry. My husband watches all these sorts of nature/animal programs. xx
    There is a book out too, Magic. I saw it new in Tesco in the paperback section this week.

I love nature programmes. They remind us of the beauty in this world.

Employable Me.
    Brilliant programme, it put things into perspective for me

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzella View Post
    Employable Me.
    Brilliant programme, it put things into perspective for me
    I didn't see it but I did see some clips on Gogglebox and it looked very interesting.

I am fairly cynical with employers though...there would be a terrible backlash on them if they had not taken someone on so I felt this was companies that were willing to give them a go and I don't think that maps to employers who just want things easy. Two people with near identical scores in an interview but one has a condition that could need more work from the employer...and guess who gets turned down?

It's great to see anything positive to help people though. Hopefully it changes opinion even a little to make things better for them.

Yeah I get what you mean about employers. The man with autism, in particular, though was given a chance to show what skills he had and was given the job on this basis.
    What I took away from the prog was that nobody should ever be written off because they don't fit into society's version of 'normal'.

Totally agree. There's obviously some jobs that are not possible but there should be many that are too.

The idea of a 2 week trial is a good thing for someone like that guy to showcase his talents rather than be written off in the interview. Sadly, that costs time & money.

I remember at my last place they would always pick the quick options. This is really sad to say but I can still remember one of the HR people writing off a guy straight away because his English wasn't good (it was an office admin job ) so people with challenging conditions stand little chance with employers like this even though they could be better than the "normal" ones they picked over them.

The same with us to an extent. I've often said that having a break in my CV due to mental health issues gives me all the employability of anyone with a criminal record. But at least I can rebuild my CV and start again, not constantly face the battle these men & women do with society.

Page 6 of 139 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information