Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rubbish new year

rubbish new year

the end of last year was going great . I had started uni doing my nursing and that was going good was getting enough bank work has a care worker to pay bills . The start of this year tho stressed about exam and assignment assignment done tho which was a challenge due to dyslexic . got a phone call wednesday asking me into work for a meeting . A patient has put in a complaint about me i have no ideas who or what it will be about and last night i looked on my rota and all my shifts have been removed so i guessing i have been suspended . If i get sacked my nursing training will go down the tube and that would be a heart breaking . the meeting in 2 hours i am shitting myself and i have no idea why . i can think of one patient but do not think it will be her i love my work but hate the fact i am guilty till proven innocent the union is coming with me tho

Re: rubbish new year

How did the meeting go Sam? Sending you positive thoughts.

Hey. That sounds like a rotten turn of events. I hope the meeting goes better than you think. Let us know how it turns out! Good luck!

Hi I got suspended from work and. Got to meet the director of nursing at uni so uni could be getting rid of me 😩😭😥😢😭never cried so much as I have the last few days it's not looking good and I done nothing wrong

So what happened?

Is being suspended the automatic response to a patient complaint in their HR policy? If so, it doesn't mean you could even be found at fault.

Have you checked your policy and perhaps considered ensuring you understated your legal rights?

They said its for my protection while investigation is going on .

Wow, that is rotten news, SAMKIRMAN, but I agree with Terry. Make sure that you know all your rights in this situation. Good luck and hugs to you

cheers got the union involved got a exam today on zero sleep

OK, that's good (not the no sleep though!). Because it's policy, and to protect you, there is always the chance that the complaint could be turned down completely and you are absolved of any wrongdoing whatsoever.

But as you said though, it's very unpleasant as it does use the "guilty until proven innocent" view. You couldn't do this in my work, as we worked with customers too. There had to be a valid reason for suspension although adjustments to keep people apart can sometimes be needed. Suspending people at my firm meant something serious enough to get you out of the office, nothing at all like your policy.

Good luck with the exam.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information