Thread: OMG how long until the horrible side effects wear off!!

OMG how long until the horrible side effects wear off!!

Day 24 Citalopram and have had the worst panic for hours this afternoon. The buzzing/trembling side effect is doing my head in

And am starting to wonder if it's actually going to help?

I've been on it before with no issues.

Now I am hardly sleeping (get 2-4 hours with zopiclone) and then every time I try to rest I get this horrible trembling sensation in my whole body, but mostly my arms and have a bit of a heatwave. Hard to describe but it's like having electricity pumping through me and the only way to ease it is to move but I'm so exhausted :(

The doctor said it could be a side effect (which will wear off) or it could be anxiety and that's the most help I can get.

Any ideas? Feeling desperate today :(

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

PS I've posted another thread about diazepam. I've ended up becoming tolerant of it as this has all been going on for three months so I am now under instructions to keep taking it in the meantime but to absolutely NOT increase my dose and so am no longer getting any relief from it at all :(

Re: OMG how long until the horrible side effects wear off!!

I'm going through something similar albeit for a lot shorter time frame on the Cit but my anxiety symptoms are the reason I'm on it so hopefully this will help.

Firstly to get to sleep I actually use some youtube video: 30 Minute Deep Sleep Music: Relaxing Music, Meditation Music, Soothing Music, Calming Music ☯926B (cannot post links yet)

It's calming and once you're tuned into it you can drift.

Again if I wake up in the night I usually note the time, sip some water and repeat the process. I'm averaging 7/8 hours a night with one or two wake ups.

Quote Originally Posted by HATH View Post
    I'm going through something similar albeit for a lot shorter time frame on the Cit but my anxiety symptoms are the reason I'm on it so hopefully this will help.

Firstly to get to sleep I actually use some youtube video: 30 Minute Deep Sleep Music: Relaxing Music, Meditation Music, Soothing Music, Calming Music ☯926B (cannot post links yet)

It's calming and once you're tuned into it you can drift.

Again if I wake up in the night I usually note the time, sip some water and repeat the process. I'm averaging 7/8 hours a night with one or two wake ups.
    I think I'm beyond that :( I took myself to hospital yesterday morning as felt so ill, really dehydrated and nauseous. They decided I may be reacting badly to the seretonin (despite being on it before) and have switched me to mirtazipine. This sent me to sleep last night but only for 3 hours and I'm a trembling mess all over again.

Am worried we have done so much messing with my brain chemistry I will never get rid of these terrible feelings and never cope again :(

Like you, I was on this for anxiety attacks but now I have anxiety 24/7 so it's not really done any good. I know it takes a while to kick in but couldn't stand it any more. Lack of sleep/food etc making me more ill. I'd rather go back to the panic attacks than this.
    Last edited by Shazamataz; 10-01-16 at 19:52. Reason: forgot something

Talk to your GP, they can help you decide wether to keep pushing through with citalopram or opt for one of the MANY other anti-depressants out there You'll be ok!

It will get sooooo much better after 3 months hold on.

Quote Originally Posted by Meewah View Post
    It will get sooooo much better after 3 months hold on.
    I wasn't able to hold on. Ended up in hospital badly dehydrated and in such a state they decided my body couldn't handle the SSRI and have been switched to Mirtazipine. 2 days and feeling a little better already!

Thread Information