Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 450mg to 600mg any difference ?

450mg to 600mg any difference ?

I've been on 450mg since early November so just over 2 month. It has helped a lot but I don't feel enough. I'm wondering if an increase to 600mg would be beneficial or would it not make any difference ?

Re: 450mg to 600mg any difference ?

With all these things, no-one can say for sure, but I am taking 600 mg per day and find it is helpful.

I think I would rather increase the pregablin and taper off the quetiapine, I will have to discuss this with my psychiatrist but I'm very tempted to try the increase in pregablin for a few days and see what happens..if anything

It's absolutely worth increasing the pregabalin - it was a massive help to me...

The taper back down from 600 to 100 was tough but nothing more than an increase in baseline anxiety levels..

I had to go back up to 400mg over Christmas though as my anxiety spiked :(

Unfitwellhappy - I am talking to my GP tomorrow about the possibility of Pregabalin. I tried Sertraline last September and it had me bouncing off the walls. Have been on Mirtazapine since October but was started on a high dose which was increased after 2 weeks and it has been way too elevating - heightening my anxiety and destroying my sleep, so I have been weaning off and am now down to 7.5 mg.

The much lower dose has helped my sleep but I still have acute anxiety. Did you have difficult side effects with the Pregabalin, and how long did you feel it took to start to notice a difference in your well- being ?

If my GP thinks it is a good idea I plan to take the lowest dose possible and build up slowly. I have read that it can make you feel a bit spaced-out and very forgetful.

I think I may just bite the bullet and try, if I notice a differences I will contact my psychiatrist, if it makes no difference I will revert back to the 450mg. Not looking forward to the stoned feeling again as it stops me getting out and about but I know I will be just for a few days
    Unfitwellhappy have you been taking pregablin long ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lan69 View Post
    I think I may just bite the bullet and try, if I notice a differences I will contact my psychiatrist, if it makes no difference I will revert back to the 450mg. Not looking forward to the stoned feeling again as it stops me getting out and about but I know I will be just for a few days
    Unfitwellhappy have you been taking pregablin long ?
    Aye - various doses over the past 3 years...

It doesn't completely get rid of my anxiety but it's a massive help.

Just take the time to adjust to the dose - allow yourself a few days and be good to yourself!!

I really enjoyed the 'stoned' feeling hehe - used to just put my headphones on and go for a massive walk!!

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sandie View Post
    Unfitwellhappy - I am talking to my GP tomorrow about the possibility of Pregabalin. I tried Sertraline last September and it had me bouncing off the walls. Have been on Mirtazapine since October but was started on a high dose which was increased after 2 weeks and it has been way too elevating - heightening my anxiety and destroying my sleep, so I have been weaning off and am now down to 7.5 mg.

The much lower dose has helped my sleep but I still have acute anxiety. Did you have difficult side effects with the Pregabalin, and how long did you feel it took to start to notice a difference in your well- being ?

If my GP thinks it is a good idea I plan to take the lowest dose possible and build up slowly. I have read that it can make you feel a bit spaced-out and very forgetful.
    Nope - no difficult side effects to speak of.... well, there was some 'gentlemanly'(sp?) issues, but they resolved in a couple of days...

I don't want to give you any false hope as everyone is different, but I notice a difference within a couple of hours of taking pregabalin....

Start at 75mg and see how you get on

Mirt was amazing for sleep at lower doses - but it just made me eat and eat and eat - put on 3 stone in about a year... thankfully I have lost it all (and some more) now i'm no longer taking it.

I don't mind the stoned feeling as much as it stopping me getting out and about. The other increases took about 10 days to settle. I really hope the extra 150mg does the trick

When I did go up to 600 I found that it was better to take 200mg three times a day..

Pregabalin has a 6hr (ish) half-life so splitting the dose helped me not drop below what I felt was a therapeutic level...

I take 150mg in the morning, 150mg at teatime and 300mg at bedtime. I only have 150mg tablets so that's the only way I can split them. I'm hoping taking the bigger doses later will help with my horrible morning anxiety

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information