Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 450mg to 600mg any difference ?

Re: 450mg to 600mg any difference ?

best thing I found for morning anxiety is just to get up and put a light on straight away.... once i'm up and moving it eases!

Mine can linger till dinner time it's mainly a sense of dread and anxious thoughts, the physical effects of anxiety are much better than they were. I remember being a shaking wreck and feeling I was going to faint all the time.....horrible times

That's not good :(

I'm actually ok once i'm up and around and in the office - it's because I have to concentrate etc etc - it does ease somewhat...

I'm one of the lucky ones, I only ever had one panic attack - one is way more than enough for me....

I'm not at work I've been on sick leave since may. I know going back to work would probably be good for me but the thought of going back scares me.
    I don't suffer attacks as such I'm in an anxious state most of the day but like I say it's mainly mental anxiety now

Yeah, going back to work can be frightening.

A part of my recovery was actually facing some of the things that gave me anxiety though - it's so hard, but ultimately worth it in the end.

Going back to work will be facing my greatest fear. I just have to get into my head I can do it. I'm starting a mindulness group this afternoon so I'm hoping this will help me to stop worrying about things that haven't happened yet and live in the here and now

Mindfulness is awesome - I use it pretty much daily!!

If it's your greatest fear then start small - speak to your HR dept about a potential phased return maybe?

I have a meeting with occ health next month. I need a phased return and a reduction in my hours. I'm classed as having a disability so they have to make reasonable adjustments if possible.
    Mindfulness was cancelled :( may I ask how you practise it ?

Of course you can...

I do things 'mindfully'...

If I am obsessing over a thought for example, I will accept the thought is there, recognising it as just a thought (and not a threat) and bring my focus back to the present - listening to music helps, actually listening to it, not just having the music on...

If i'm still anxious, I will go for a walk, take in the air, focus on my surroundings etc etc...

Never run from anxiety, it only feeds it - accept it's there and bring your focus back to now - not somewhere in the future with 'what ifs'...

Mindfulness takes practice, but it absolutely helps..

Quote Originally Posted by Lan69 View Post
    Mindfulness was cancelled :( may I ask how you practise it ?
    Follow the link in my signature, Lan. Most of what I put together in there are free links and one is a full MBSR course by a guy that trained at the famous US school set up by Jon Kabat-Zinn who brought Mindfulness to the West in the 1970's. We have MBCT in the UK, co created by professor Mark Williams, and I've put the ones from his Frantic World book in the thread as he has a website with them on as free downloads.

MBCT is a combination of Cognitive Therapy with Mindfulness so you need the book or a course to do that, but just the downloads will teach you a lot of the Mindfulness side. Meditation is only one form, and often nearer the beginning as it teaches you about breathing, but it expands into object handling, eating, some movement based work, etc.

MBCT is a therapy of it's own now and proven to work as well as some antidepressants for recurrent depression so NICE recommend it as a treatment option.

Like unfitwellhappy, it has helped me a lot. It got rid of my intrusive thoughts, reduced a lot of my GAD, helped me tackle & eliminate my compulsions, etc. After 6 months of daily practice I even found a shift towards more compassion and I literally felt this shift, I suddenly started to feel more positive & happy. But it's not a treatment as much as a skill as Mark Williams explains and I've found if you stop doing it, you back backslide...which has happened to me and a few others on here. It's one to commit to as a healthy behaviour and I bet unfitwellhappy agrees with this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information