Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypnotherapy?

Hypnotherapy?

Hi, I suffer fron panic disorder and many panic attacks are trigerred by flying or the thought of flying once I've booked a trip.I was wondering about hypnotherapy-have any of you tried this and , if so, has it helped? thanks Bubbleblitt

Re: Hypnotherapy?

I've tried hypnosis cd's/mp3's etc for panic, anxiety and general relaxation. I have found some of the hypnotic style relaxation ones to be the most successful but didn't really seem to have any long lasting effects for me.

I think I'm just one of those people that is has a high resistance to allowing myself to go into trance and accept the suggestions. I've never tried it face to face with a proper hypnotist, but I can imagine that would be more successful.

Hi Jimbo, I've tried the relaxation taped too but I haven't found it helps during the full blown panic attacks.I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has tried visiting a hypnotherapist.At the moment it's the fear of flying but I'm scared that my anxiety may spread to other things! Bubbleblitt

hI AGAIN BUBBLEBLITT, i have tried hypnotherapy, it was brillient, i was so relaxed and felt really good about myself. Down side for me anyway, was that it did not last for long, hence unable to fly and other stuff, it cost me around 30 pounds, but like i say it lasted around 24 hrs. Give it a go it may be just what u need, good luck with it.

hi bubbleblitt,
    hypnotherapy is something im considering,anythings worth a try to beat the fear,im just a little curious like yourself in the actual success of it,i was rather hoping to have it then be panick free forever,im not sure weather its something that would have to been doon for a while for it to be affective?if you do have it,hope its successful for you,and let me no.

good luck!!

I've tried hyphotherapy, as well as hypnosis downloads.

I found the sessions with a hypnotherapist particularly helpful with several issues, but definitely with general anxiety and it has helped enourmously with my social phobia.

I also used hypnosis CDs and/or downloads regularly. There are many good ones on here to choose from.

I've personally used the Overcome Fear and Anxiety and the Social Excellent CD programme. There is also a CD for dealing with Stop Panic Attacks.

I wish you luch but would definitely say hypnotherapy is worth a chance.

Karen
    Last edited by Karen; 24-02-07 at 15:50.

I had hypnotherapy to get me back on a plane again and it worked. Read the Hypnotherapy page on the left and it will tell you about mine.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi, I tried hypnotherapy with a trained therapist and found it helpful, to a point. I find relaxing very difficult at the moment so I couldn't get the full benefit of it. But I'd recommend you give it a go! Lucy -x-

many thanks to everyone for your replies.I had my first panic attack before a long haul flight years ago and from time to time since then I've manged to fly and not been too bad but last year I bottled out of going on a plane and then had to go through it all over again to get back the courage to fly again.
    I'm now in such a state since we booked our next flight and have started to think maybe I'll start to freak out about going to Tesco or something that is essential.It's now become a fear of the fear if that makes sense!
    I'm going to visit my GP next week and see if maybe he can refer me and give the hypnotherapy a try and I'll let you know how I get on, Bubbleblitt

Smile Re: Hypnotherapy?

Hello Bubbleblitt

Me too...scared of flying, fear of fear...
    I've just booked a long haul (12hr) flight and I've got to travel on my own. It's in 4 weeks time and I'm really nervous but excited too!

I'm going to see a hypnotherapist next week - a friend recommended him so I'll let you know how it goes. He's based in Somerset but can do sessions over the phone.

I'm going to just try and be positive, calm and determined. I'm sick and tired of how restricted my life is and how many opportunities I might miss when I back out of things.

Good luck with everything!!
    xs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information