Thread: Irregular periods - nearly 40... women only

Irregular periods - nearly 40... women only

Hi Ladies,
    So since I stopped breastfeeding my daughter my periods have been irregular - ps: I haven't been breastfeeding for almost 3 years.
    22 days, 30 days, 25 days and now today 20 days.

Is this normal?
    I'm 40 in three months and wondering if it's perimenopause.
    Has anyone else experienced this?
    I've done a smear which was clear - I've told two doctors and nothing is really said - just oh yes that's normal, but is it?
    I'd love another baby but I don't think I'm ovulating!

Love your help..... I'm also wondering if ti's just chronic anxiety - my HA for the past 3 years is the worst it's ever been - it might be time for chemicals ... I just can't shake it and Dr has been wanting to put me on anti-depressants for years.

Any help would be appreciated... or any stories similar so i know i'm not alone....

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

I would imagine that constant anxiety would cause irregular bleeding, anyone else with HA get it?
    Last edited by tan235; 10-01-16 at 19:26.

Re: Irregular periods - nearly 40... women only

I'm 41 and I've been going through this for about a year now. I have been getting my period every 3 weeks and the duration has reduced by 2 days. I am still breastfeeding but my son is 27 months so I don't think it has much to do with it. I've also been having other strange symptoms that I think may be related. I began having cysts down there out of no where. I've never had one in my life but all of a sudden I've gotten 2 back to back. And a few months ago I had weird irritation but nothing was there. It wasn't even red but it felt raw. Very weird. I'm going to see my gynecologist next month and I'm going to ask for my levels to be checked. I wouldn't worry about this though. I am in an online group with 40 other moms from when I was pregnant. They're all around 40 years old and several of them are going through the same thing. It's perimenopause. Starts about 8 years before menopause.

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

Also, you can still get pregnant when in perimenopause it might just be harder.

Same here... I'm 40, and periods have been increasingly irregular for the past year or so. 23 days has been the shortest, I think.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information