Thread: Dysfunctional Breathing/Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome buddy

Dysfunctional Breathing/Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome buddy

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. I'm 24 (female) and have suffered from anxiety for most of my life (manifesting in different ways at different points). Just over 2 years ago I was diagnosed with a Dysfunctional Breathing Disorder which took over my life completely. After about a year of physiotherapy/doing breathing exercises multiple times a day it got a lot better to the point where I barely noticed it anymore - this lasted about a year. But I recently had a relationship break up which left me very depressed and then anxious and I stopped doing my exercises and basically my Dysfunctional Breathing came back with a vengeance. I want to nip it in the bud and get over it again but I know it's not possible to recover from it if I keep getting anxious about it, but the symptoms make it very hard not to be anxious. I was wondering if anyone suffers with it too? I think I'd find it very helpful if I had someone to talk to who understands and has the same issue, and we could also help each other

Re: Dysfunctional Breathing/Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome buddy

Hi there! I've never had an official diagnosis but I have suffered from anxiety for years now, I manage it every time, but it comes back after a while, and my main problem are linked to breathing, I tend to hold my breath without being aware of it, and this causes tones of other symptoms that quickly lead to panic attacks. So yes I do understand breathing issues caused by anxiety. I'm new at this forum, just subscribed a few minutes ago, so I don't really know how it works yet. But I would love it if we could support each other! Cheers!

Thread Information