Hi, I'm StarryEyed23 and I'm new to the site

I was told in October 2015 that I most likely have ibs but have yet to have an endoscopy. I'm on a long waiting list at the hospital, it's a bit annoying really! My doctor prescribed Colofac and Peppermint oil both of which did nothing for me in reducing my symptoms which consisted of feeling bloated, diarrhoea especially in the mornings, I have anxiety as well and I'm low in iron so sometimes feel quite down and tired and am worried about going out and doing things as I was occasionally getting sharp pains as well :(

However on Thursday my doctor took me off the tablets and told me to eat smaller meals more frequently and I have to say that this has actually been working! But then as always it gets worse again. I'm low in iron but I don't take the tablets frequently as they make me feel weird so I was taking one every other day which was fine. I then missed a couple of days and took one Saturday night after dinner. Sunday was the worst I have ever felt! All morning I had bouts of diarrhoea I then felt a little better so had a small breakfast but then had diarrhoea again. It made me feel so weak after and I was shaking that I just had to get into bed. I called my mum to come pick me up from uni as I just wanted to go home. I have never felt like that before.

Has anyone ever had something like this happen to them with iron triggering ibs? I have also just started my period and have been awake since 3:30 with pain :( I am just so fed up of everything now and feeling sick all the time it just gets me so down.

Would be grateful for any comments, thank you x
(Sorry if this was tmi and for the long post)