Thread: Recurrent UTI's caused by stress?

Recurrent UTI's caused by stress?

Hello!

I'm not having a great few months to be honest. I keep getting UTI's about once a month since June time. I didn't have one last month but i've got one right now. I'm constantly petrified I'll get one. They used to be caused by sex but now I'm getting them randomly. There is literally no explanation as to why I'm getting them. I have one kidney, I had that scanned and the doctor told me "it's one of the biggest kidneys I've seen, it's certainly making up for the one that isn't there." Also, I had blood tests to see the function and it's working at 100% so it's nothing wrong with my kidney. I've had a camera up my bladder also and that's perfect.

The only thing I can think of.. is stress induced? Because I'm constantly on edge about it. My friend think it's because I can't let it go basically. It's ruining my life and I've had enough.

Anyone's opinions would be appreciated!

Thank you!

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

?

Re: Recurrent UTI's caused by stress?

Yeah, frequent UTIs SUUUUUUUUCK. Water, 100% cranberry juice, cranberry supplements, etc...etc...I've been there. I went through about a year of having them frequently. I discovered D Mannose supplements doing some research, and they are a godsend! You can find them at any health food store here in the US and online. Not sure if they are over-the-counter in the UK, but I highly recommend them! If you do some research on them, you'll read a lot of positive feedback. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Genoire View Post
    Yeah, frequent UTIs SUUUUUUUUCK. Water, 100% cranberry juice, cranberry supplements, etc...etc...I've been there. I went through about a year of having them frequently. I discovered D Mannose supplements doing some research, and they are a godsend! You can find them at any health food store here in the US and online. Not sure if they are over-the-counter in the UK, but I highly recommend them! If you do some research on them, you'll read a lot of positive feedback. Hope this helps! Good luck!
    Thanks for the reply! My Urologist suggested that stuff! I actually ordered some last week and i've got the tablet form in. I'm going to start them once I finish my antibiotics. Unfortunately, you can't get them over the counter in the UK, so I have to buy online. It's expensive but i'm hoping it's worth it. I've read all of the reviews and they do seem amazing. But i'm very sceptical because some people say it doesn't work.

Is it okay if I could message you to discuss D-mannose, if so, it's greatly appreciated ^_^

hey - thought I'd chip in as I've used D- mannose ( in fact I've got a box of the tablets now in reserve ) I had a time when I had UtI s a lot and at one point took antibiotics on a low dose for 3 months . I like you ordered over internet. The powder mixed in drinks did work for me on a couple of occasions and I used it as maintainance treatment for a month after. When I had a bad Uti With kidney pain I used ABs. It's good to have a choice .you got nothing to lose. Hope it works for you x

Quote Originally Posted by hyg View Post
    hey - thought I'd chip in as I've used D- mannose ( in fact I've got a box of the tablets now in reserve ) I had a time when I had UtI s a lot and at one point took antibiotics on a low dose for 3 months . I like you ordered over internet. The powder mixed in drinks did work for me on a couple of occasions and I used it as maintainance treatment for a month after. When I had a bad Uti With kidney pain I used ABs. It's good to have a choice .you got nothing to lose. Hope it works for you x

Sorry, i've only just seen your reply!

Thank you for replying! And I've been given a low dose antibiotic in the past, I did it for about a week then forgot, and I know it's my own fault, but I haven't taken them every night since because, I'm sick of antibiotics. I really hope this stuff does work for me because it'll be a life saver! x

Did you get better??

Thread Information