Thread: Lightheaded/Out of it

Lightheaded/Out of it

Hi everyone

Some of you may remember my previous posts about being convinced that I have narcolepsy, mostly due to Google searches and reading a narcolepsy forum.
    I finally saw a psychiatrist today who was really amazing. I told him my symptoms and he said that he really doesn't think I have it. He puts my feelings down to a bit of OCD and anxiety, which I don't dispute having.
    For the last while, I have been feeling really light headed and dizzy, kind of like my head is overfilled with air or something. I also have this feeling of not being completely "with it" or like I don't know what I am doing, kind of like being in a dream, in a way. Even while typing this, I have flashes of feeling like, what am I typing, what am I doing. I am worried that this is tiredness coming out as dizziness or whatever, due to narcolepsy. It's a persistent and all consuming fear.
    Wondering if anyone else has experienced this, if it's part of anxiety.

Re: Lightheaded/Out of it

I've definitely experienced these feelings with anxiety, and I'm not narcoleptic. Try to believe the psychiatrist, easier said than done but does sound just like anxiety xx

Thanks, hopefulmi!
    I had another scare this morning and am now more convinced than ever that I have narcolepsy.
    I kind of half woke up this morning and saw images that I thought were trucks in my room. I think that's what it was, but now I'm not completely sure and I'm not sure if it even looked like my room or if I saw myself there as well. Sorry if this makes no sense, I'm just trying to describe what happened. I don't know if it was part of a dream but I think it was a hypnogogic hallucination which is a sign of narcolepsy,

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

Oh and of course, I googled it and narcolepsy and read other people's stories and now am comparing myself and really convinced that I have it. I know I should not have but I did.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? My head is constantly spinning and I just feel so out of it, like I don't fully know what's going on. I just want to know why I feel this way! I'm so sure that it is because I have narcolepsy.

I am sorry to be so annoying but am desperate for any answers!
    Thanks

Thread Information