Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have some Ginger Ale!

Re: Have some Ginger Ale!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    You would be legal over here, one drawback of breaking off from us I guess

---------- Post added at 06:07 ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 ----------

Every forum needs an Imp.
    Well, crap, it was either freedom or beer

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkyrocket View Post
    Well, crap, it was either freedom or beer
    So glad we've chosen freedom AND beer...the only drawback is we have to wait three more years to [legally] drink. Shmo Shmell.

Beer is REAL!! (and sadly so are taxes)

3 years...if you observe the laws not many over here do

Actually, I just did the math and it's 2 years for me. 1 & 1/2 if you wanna get real precise. Idk why it took me so long to catch that

Canada Dry is ok but I find it can be a bit gassy which defeats the object. My GF says it helps her when her stomach is upset but it's been variable for me.

People used to say sucking ginger sweets was helpful for car sickness.

Maybe the quantity of the ginger in the product is a factor?

I know you can buy a starter to make your own ginger ale. That might be worth a look, it's bound to be better than store bought stuff?

Yeah what first caught my attention was the use for motion sickness which a friend of mine got after playing a game called Portal, which apparently is famous for causing motion sickness.

I actually looked up that you can use kefir grains as the starter culture for ginger ale, not sure if it's a better idea than a starter that's designed for ginger ale though.

I just looked at the site I got some advice from and making ginger ale from their plants takes longer as it needs 7 days to start it off, then 4 days to bottle it. Kefir is much quicker than this but I guess the drawback with kefir might be that it needs to be emptied and restarted more often with it's shorter brewing time?

I didn't know you could make it from kefir grains themselves. You could certainly just flavour it afterwards but I didn't know you could do it with the grains themselves.

My son tried to brew his own ginger beer,the bottles blew up sounded like bombs going off,never tried again.

Quote Originally Posted by blue moon View Post
    My son tried to brew his own ginger beer,the bottles blew up sounded like bombs going off,never tried again.
    Oh dear, did he forget to "burp" the bottles? Good training for being a dad!

What about Kombucha or hard cider? I know Kombucha has a very slight alcohol content and is easy to make...and it always settles my tummy. I have never made hard cider, but have always wanted to try it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information