Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have some Ginger Ale!

Have some Ginger Ale!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17511060/
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21305447/

Ginger is one of those herbal remedies for nausea and vomiting. Maybe you could just have some ginger ale everyday? Course, this is just a preventative measure, in order to get over your fears you do (unfortunately) have to face them. At least ginger ale might be tasty, I've never had any.

Re: Have some Ginger Ale!

You can make probiotic ginger ale too, Blinky

Or you can just let your kefir ferment longer anyway and the alcohol content increases until it becomes an alcohol beveridge

Feel good over probiotics while having a few drinks sounds good to me!

I've been drinking chamomile tea in the mornings with lemon. It helps settle my anxious, churning stomach and is comforting.

Ginger ale is delicious. I can't believe you've never tried it, Blinky!

Well, I'm 19 so don't have the privilege of consuming alcoholic beverages yet :P
    And I just had Canadian Dry ginger soda today but it just didn't taste enough ginger-y to me :/

Oh, you're talking alcoholic ginger beer, lol! I get it. For some silly reason, I thought you meant regular old ginger ale without alcohol, and I thought, what?? Who's never tried that?

Silly me.

Well, when you ARE old enough to drink, Caldera Brewing Co. makes a really great ginger beer. They're based out of Oregon.

Take care!

Oh yeah, have you tried any ginger drinks from the health store? Some of them are SUPER gingery. I can't remember the brand off hand, but one of them is in a green bottle and looks kind of like Heineken, but is non alcoholic. I have the same complaint as you....not enough ginger in most ginger drinks.

Update: It's Reed's Ginger Beer. Bundaberg brand is really gingery, too. Any natural foods store should carry at least Reed's.

In the original post I actually was talking about regular ginger ale lol! But Terry said that you can make probiotic ginger ale and kefir that you let ferment until it has an alcoholic content high enough to classify as an alcoholic beverage. I actually hadn't had any sort of ginger drink before today. But I've loved ginger snaps all my life so the Canadian Dry stuff just didn't seem strong enough.
    I was reacting to a different misunderstanding involving Terry, lol. I actually connected the dots with kefir and carbohydrate fermentation quite awhile ago so don't worry, nobody here was giving a minor an opportunity to come into possession of alcohol, if that's illegal anyway -_- because I found out by the Internet.
    Last edited by Blinkyrocket; 15-01-16 at 00:22.

Yeah, watch out for Terry. He's all about making mischief and corrupting the innocent youth on the forum .

But seriously, if you get a chance to try the Reed's nonalcoholic ginger ale, I think you'd really like it. I think there's a Jamaican one that's made with honey instead of refined sugar. SOOOOooo good and gingery.

O_O well that sounds amazing. I've always wanted to drink from a glass bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkyrocket View Post
    O_O well that sounds amazing. I've always wanted to drink from a glass bottle
    Lol, Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkyrocket View Post
    I was reacting to a different misunderstanding involving Terry, lol. I actually connected the dots with kefir and carbohydrate fermentation quite awhile ago so don't worry, nobody here was giving a minor an opportunity to come into possession of alcohol, if that's illegal anyway -_- because I found out by the Internet.
    You would be legal over here, one drawback of breaking off from us I guess

---------- Post added at 06:07 ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Genoire View Post
    Yeah, watch out for Terry. He's all about making mischief and corrupting the innocent youth on the forum .

Every forum needs an Imp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information