Thread: To see family after sickness?

To see family after sickness?

Hi
    I am a sort of newbie here, I haven't posted in many years, and had to re register as I had forgotten all my details!
    I hope you don't mind me posting.
    My anxiety seems to have focused itself fully on my emetophobia that I have suffered from forever! I always had that part under control until I had my little one (2.5yrs). I am constantly terrified he will get sick, especially this time of year. The funny thing is, if he does get a tummy bug (we had one in October, norovirus we think!) then I can deal with him fine, and look after him well. The problem comes from the anticipation of it happening!
    So, my problem now is that I just had a call from my mum and she has had the 'bug' yesterday, and her partner has it today. They are away at a funeral and know where it came from, the mobile hairdresser brought her ill baby to her appointment at my mums partners mums house! (Confusing!!)
    So anyway, my mum normally looks after my boy on a thurs, and is supposed to have him this coming thurs. Also, we are going away with them next weekend. In your opinion, will we be OK to be with them then? It will be almost a week since symptoms (apparently it has been one 'episode', then washed out for the day, then fine), or would you stay away?? Rationally I know that NHS have the 48hr rule for a reason, and they probably won't be contagious a week after, but in some places it says you can be contagious for 2 weeks!!
    Sorry for going on about it! I am currently seeing a fabulous therapist and feel I may be getting somewhere through a combination of meditation, acupuncture and counselling. But I have only seen him twice so not very far into the process.
    Thanks in advance for any replies!! Xx

Re: To see family after sickness?

I'm not sure how true this is, but what helps me is after the 48h rule, most people are only contrails through saliva and fecal matter so as long as you don't share drinks and aren't touching up their toilet I think the risk is almost non existent

Thread Information