Thread: Can you still have a period whilst pregnant?

Can you still have a period whilst pregnant?

Okay, so I've had a pregnancy scare recently and also have had symptoms of pregnancy despite not having any sex, but I was worried some semen may have gotten down there.

Anyway, my period was only one day late and it's been normal. Same amount of pain, and same amount of blood as per usual. I've heard some women that have had periods whilst being pregnant so I'm kind of scared again.

I've always thought that you're not pregnant if you have your period, but I guess that's not always the case..

.....and a ninja.

Re: Can you still have a period whilst pregnant?

If you haven't had sex, you are not pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rls1994 View Post
    Okay, so I've had a pregnancy scare recently and also have had symptoms of pregnancy despite not having any sex, but I was worried some semen may have gotten down there.

Anyway, my period was only one day late and it's been normal. Same amount of pain, and same amount of blood as per usual. I've heard some women that have had periods whilst being pregnant so I'm kind of scared again.

I've always thought that you're not pregnant if you have your period, but I guess that's not always the case..

I read your previous post about you thinking you were pregnant.. it is very unlikely you are.. And, you are now on your period, so I mean, i'm pretty certain you're not pregnant.

If you're that concerned, you'll have to go out and buy a pregnancy test, or if you're scared, get a willing friend to do it for you

Thank you, you two.

Is it too early to get tested? It's only been a week and two days before the incident happened. Also, I'm showing pregnancy symptoms like spotting before a period, needing the bathroom every 30 minutes or so, and feeling nauseous.

It's quite scary. :(

.....and a ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Rls1994 View Post
    Thank you, you two.

Is it too early to get tested? It's only been a week and two days before the incident happened. Also, I'm showing pregnancy symptoms like spotting before a period, needing the bathroom every 30 minutes or so, and feeling nauseous.

It's quite scary. :(
    Like I said, it's doubtful you are pregnant, sperm has to actually go up inside you, in order to fertilise the egg..

and it takes 6-12 days to show symptoms etc. I honestly think you're over-analysing this way too much.. and your anxiety symptoms are mimicking the symptoms you googled..

Like I said, if you're that worried, just go and get a test, it'll be done and dusted before you know it

Thread Information