Thread: Stomach Noises!

1. Stomach Noises!

Hello everyone,

I developed panic disorder when I was about 14 years old. It started when I was in class, and my stomach started gurgling really loudly. It was so loud that the teacher actually stopped talking, and the class turned to face me. I was so embarrassed that I ran out of the classroom and spent as many lessons as I could in the girls' toilets. Eventually I begged my parents to let me be homeschooled, and thus I avoided the whole situation.

Whenever I get nervous, I get LOUD stomach noises. Then I get nervous about GETTING stomach noises, and the cycle repeats. Since then I've had embarrassing situations at the cinema, on public transport and in museums.

How do I get rid of this problem?

I've tried probiotics, activated charcoal, gas-x (and related brands), not eating before going out etc etc.

Nothing works.

Can anyone suggest something else to try? This problem is the root of my anxiety, and psychologists/anti-anxieties won't be able to touch my anxiety without curing these noises.

Thank you.

Re: Stomach Noises!

Omg that reason is why I quit college! I tried eating before class and that helped sometime. I don't have any answers but just letting you know your not the only one that has happened to!

Thread Information