Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey With Escitalopram

Re: My Journey With Escitalopram

Are you sure you don't live in England? We have an inch of snow and it's like the end of the world. I'm only 40 and when I was at secondary school (11-16) I used to walk through several feet of snow and the cars were still moving and we didn't have the mass hysteria we have these days!

I hope you guys aren't getting it too bad.

Sorry you had a tough day with anxiety ... it's still early days for you with the lexapro though. I mean I still get anxious days here and there, but I do find I am able to move through it much easier. I would ruminate and obsess before, but now it's much easier to turn my attention away.

We ended up with about 6 inches in my town, which isn't bad. But our state was hit so strangely, people one or two towns over had over a foot. And towns the other direction had nothing!

How did you fare?

Pretty good! Here where we are in KY we got, accumulative, 7-8 inches I would say. We stayed warm and hunkered down. Haha. Hope you all stay safe and warm. Day 9 on Lexapro. Finding myself discouraged that I'm not better yet. I know it takes time. Going through a bit of a slump!

It took a good month for me, then I upped to 20 mg (was started on 10). After that, took about a month to regulate my sleep, etc and I felt much better. You got this!

Thanks for your help swgrl, I am okay now but I laid in the bed for a good while earlier and just cried my eyes out. I think I had to get it out of my system. Been strong for my family during the ordeal with my grandmother and it took a toll. She seems to be doing better but who knows. In a day or two, she could be doing it again. As a reminder, she over medicates, doesn't seek proper treatment, and doesn't have any self awareness or care for her health or how it affects any of us when she has these wild episodes. It is hard to see her like this and not fear that this is my future. I know we are different as I am doing as I am told by my doctor and I am taking steps to acceptance of my illness. She still, at 70 something, does not believe that she has mental problems. Thus all of her time is spent in the ER, at doctor visits, all trying to locate this mystery illness--the one we all know as her mental illness. It's sad. And stressful. Send me good vibes--I so need them today. My mom hugs and tells me we will get through it, I eat well, take naps, try to be present with family but I still just feel like I'm falling apart. I keep up with the number of days, somehow it is a victory to me to know it is Day 9 and I'm still trucking forward. And remind myself--just a bad day, not a bad life. Hugs to everyone.

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

And I overcame HUGE hurdle that had been holding me back for years... the fear of medication! So I am trying to remain positive. Just have bouts where it gets to me! I know that's normal.

Starting Day 10. Yesterday was a horrendous emotional day, but it's in the past. Will keep everyone posted on how I do today. Just trucking along. Waiting for a miracle. to happen with this medication. Either way, whether it works or not, I have decided that it is okay cause I have faced a huge hurdle in life. Trying to stay positive. Hugs to all.

End of Day 10, seemed to be very level headed today. I only took 1-5mg pill of Valium this morning after waking up and eating breakfast (usually take 15 mg in an entire day) and sitting here tonight I don't feel a need for one necessarily. Had a nap today. Watched my 3 nieces. Did not have any crazy thoughts, anxieties, or sadness. Maybe I am making headway. Too early to tell--and don't want to jinx myself. lol. Looking forward to Day 11! Hugs to all!

Day 11: Nothing big to report. Was able to do my job well today without fatigue or headaches. Have been drinking lots of water (no caffeine for a while) and getting more rest. Also, eating tons more veggies (raw and steamed) and have laid off of the white bread. I have found my diet helps combat the fatigue and also getting a nap. I don't feel like I'm living to take the next valium, so that is a plus. I also strangely enough don't find myself fretting over every little ache and pain. Maybe I have gotten better from the medicine? Maybe just self counseled. Who knows--but I feel better! And staying positive! Ah, and my bloodwork came back all clear. Glucose and cholesterol were a few points high but nothing to be concerned about. All in all, very happy with that. Almost 2 weeks on Escitalopram. At this point I would say to anyone scared to take medicine--try it. It won't kill you. Uncomfortable, yes. But think of all the times you thought you would die from anxiety and didn't. And think of how unhappy and out of control you are right now. It is totally worth the risk and I had to learn that and take a total leap of faith. I know there are good and bad days to come, and this medicine may not even work for me, but at least I can say I have tried what I never thought I could. Love and hugs to all. Here's to Day 12...

Really glad to hear you are doing well!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazamataz View Post
    Really glad to hear you are doing well!
    Thanks

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information