Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: My Journey With Escitalopram

Re: My Journey With Escitalopram

I am glad you are doing better!! It really is gradual and it is good to see you are finally getting some positive effects. It's not like you wake up "better" one day but slowly see changes in how you live, feel, and act. For me, it was slowly but one day I stopped and thought "I haven't felt this normal in years." I'm happy for you

It's great to hear you are moving forward. The meds help but the real work is always done by you so every step you take is step towards recovery.

And just think how afraid you were of taking a med?! That's a massive success story all of it's own.

Celebrated a month on Lexapro last Friday!! I don't see my psychiatrist until sometime in March so I am going to give it time to work its magic until then, as I have heard it may take up to 3 months to work. I am committed to work through everything meanwhile. I am on my way but still get frustrated from time to time. But I am nowhere near I was before I started the medications (diazepam and escitalopram). I am no longer a shaky mess. Now with confidence and the ability to "Get ahold of myself" rather than just feel out of control completely with my anxiety and emotions. But I am nowhere near able to go and do as I like all the time but i am taking good small steps forward. Sorry it has been a while since i last updated. I have accomplished so much in that time and I am VERY proud!! Still battling slight agoraphobia. But I know the more good experiences I have the better I will become in the long run! Anyway, thank you all for following my journey! Hope you all are well! x

It sounds like it already working it's magic for you as you have seen plenty of gains already. When I said 2-3 months, prior to the 2 month mark I was left in a real mess by the side effects and didn't see any improvement - I was worse than before I even asked for more help.

I think you are doing great and this journal will be of great comfort to many people when they come across it and see such improvement.

Hello everyone! Been back for my check in with the psychiatrist and after not really seeing any improvements in about a month and a half, he decided to double my dosage to 20 mg. I guess I am a little bit apprehensive and nervous about it and on this bottle of course it says " may cause dizziness". But I'm trying to not let my brain get ahead of me. Wish me luck and send me good vibes so that I can have the strength to try my new dosage tomorrow morning!

6. Re: My Journey With Escitalopram

Just read this thread.
    I see she posts going up to 20mg from 10mg next morning.
    Now she's gone...puff. I felt she was reporting too mild of a side effect profile.
    I guess it's that extra10mg that just phucks your day.

I had to off it because I was so nausea.

8. Re: My Journey With Escitalopram

So I assume your the_anxious_mind with a newaccount?
    You wrote 5 pages of diary-like account of your med experience for us but when it started to go southyou just end it?

Tell us what happened to you in more detail after the addition of 10mg. I recently have been considering the drug, but i'd better not.

Philly guy.

Nope, I think dale12345 is just another posting saying they had to stop it, not the OP.

I like to think the OP has not continued because she has had good success and doesn't need to be here. Most people just leave when they get better and enjoy their lives.

She did have to get beyond her phobia of taking meds to start on this and had wobbles. I remember speaking to her, she was lovely.

I'm not sure what your point is on this thread?

10. Re: My Journey With Escitalopram

I'm not sure what your point is on this thread?
    Simply put, she was about to up the dose 10mg the next morning...she never came back after that. Why keep this diary if your going to abandon it midstream?

You feel she's gone on to greener pastures, but I am suspicious that she became sick with side effects, which seems typical for many others.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information