Hi all

Thought I would just let you know that a camera was inserted in my throat today and there are no tumors or masses just a very inflamed pharynx & voicebox due to very bad LPR.

The ENT consultant has advised that this can take months if not at least a year to resolve itself, he says acid burns so badly that it can only take at least 2 episodes to cause damage to your voicebox or nasal passages for which I have.

LPR is silent & can cause very worrisome symptoms & mimic throat cancer. Given I am 35 f, non-smoker since January 2016 my body has sort of tried to 'clear' itself of the non use of tobacco therefore causing excessive throat clearing, coughing & acid reflux (believe it or not), smoking kills the fine hairs in your nose, throat & lungs therefore when you stop these become dry & therefore you get the feeling of mucous sticking.

The Dr also suggested that throat cancer is mostly common in males over the age of 50 & that have smoked heavily & drank heavily not necessarily combined.

I was really really worried but common sense has prevailed and my anxiety was making things so much worse for me.

I am now on PPI's for the last week & will continue to be on them for the next 2 months for which after that he said to go see the Doctor as further meds or a change in meds would be required.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Reflux can cause very worrisome symptoms and if my story can help anyone then...so be it

Thanks